Installing and Configuring StorageGRID Webscale (NETAPP-INCOSGWS)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Through lectures, hands-on exercises and classroom discussion, you discover the StorageGRID architecture and learn the basics of object storage. You will learn how to deploy and implement a StorageGRID Webscale environment for object storage. You will learn how the StorageGRID Webscale UI, CLI, and API can help you implement and integrate the solution. Finally, you will learn some basic troubleshooting and log analysis.
Salaries for NetApp Storage Administrator range from an average of $68,206 to $154,275 a year.
- Explore the StorageGRID Webscale hardware and software architecture
- Review the S3 and Swift API concepts and architecture
- Understand how to deploy a StorageGRID Webscale environment
- Configure, upgrade, and expand a StorageGRID Webscale system
- Run advanced configuration tasks in a StorageGRID Webscale environment
- Configure and test StorageGRID Features including multitenancy, erasure coding (EC) and information lifecycle management (ILM) policy
- Learn about the different monitoring and administration interfaces and solutions.
- NetApp employees, partners and customers
Ensure that you have a general understanding of the following:
- VMware setup and configuration
- General Linux-UNIX administration
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: StorageGRID Webscale Architecture
- Overview of object storage
- RESTful API support in the StorageGRID Webscale system
- StorageGRID Webscale overview
Module 2: Overview of StorageGRID Webscale Nodes and Services
- Node services
- System object processing
- Data management
Module 3: StorageGRID Webscale Installation, Expansion and Upgrade
- Deployment overview
- Phase 1
- VMware deployments
- Software-only or bare-metal hypervisors
- phase 2
- grid management installation overview
- initial verification
- StorageGRID Webscale expansion
Module 4: StorageGRID Webscale Configuration Options
- Grid options
- Storage options
- Display options
- Access control
Module 5: Multitenancy
- Tenant management interface
Module 6: StorageGRID Webscale Features
- Storage pools, grades and regions
- Regional replication and erasure coding
- Information lifecycle management policies
- Metadata management
Module 7: API Management
- API management
- Amazon S3 API
- OpenStack Swift API
Module 8: Amazon Simple Storage Service Access Policy and Secure Sockets Layer Configuration
- API implementation
- Simple storage service group policies
- Bucket access policies
- SSL certificate configuration
- Configure for virtual-host-style access
Module 9: Monitoring, Maintaining and Troubleshooting StorageGRID Webscale
- Email notification, AutoSupport and custom alarms
Appendix A: StorageGRID Webscale NAS Bridge
- NAS Bridge
- Configuration workflow
- Managing file systems
- NAS bridge reports
Appendix B: Integration with AltaVault, ONTAP and SolidFire
- AltaVault cloud backup and archive
- ONTAP integration and FabricPool
- Use cases
- How does FabricPool work
- Data retrieval
- Backup policy
- Best practices
- SolidFire backup to StorageGRID Webscale
Appendix C: Performance
- Performance data
- Deploying a StorageGRID Webscale installation, expansion and upgrade
- Expanding the grid by adding data centers
- Checking the system?s condition before upgrading software
- Performing the upgrade
- Updating data centers link costs
- Reviewing StorageGRID Webscale tenant management documentation
- Lightweight directory access protocol integration and tenant configuration
- Configuring storage pools to determine where object data is stored
- Creating erasure coding profile
- Managing objects by configuring information lifecycle management (ILM) rules and policies
- Using the metadata lookup tool to validate the ILM rules are applied correctly to an object
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt