Integrating Hybrid Clouds with NetApp Data Fabric (NetApp-INTHCDF)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
In this course, you will learn how to implement a hybrid cloud solution using the NetApp Data Fabric. In the hybrid cloud solution, you learn how to connect hyperscalers, on-premises data centers and NetApp Private Storage (NPS) in colocation facilities. You also learn how to manage and move data in the Data Fabric using Cloud Manager and ONTAP Cloud. You implement AltaVault solutions including backup, recovery and cloud migration. Finally, you learn how to implement a "Data Fabric Solutions for Cloud Backup”. The learning will be reinforced through simulations and guided labs.
The average salary for Cloud Administrator is $90,000 per year.
- Explain the value of the Data Fabric and NetApp Private Storage for Cloud (NPS for Cloud)
- Describe NetApp Private Storage (NPS) networking requirements
- Deploy a hybrid cloud for customers
- Configure an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud environment and an Azure Virtual Network environment for the hybrid cloud
- Use PowerShell in a Data Fabric environment and extend customers' Microsoft Active Directory into the cloud
- Explain the features of NetApp ONTAP Cloud software and NetApp ONTAP Select software
- Use OnCommand Cloud Manager to deploy ONTAP Cloud instances and to create SnapMirror relationships between ONTAP Cloud software and data center clusters
- Deploy a NetApp AltaVault appliance with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) buckets in AWS as backend storage
- Use an AltaVault appliance to migrate data between AWS and Azure
- Use the Data Fabric Solution for Cloud Backup to restore data
- Use the Cloud Sync service to synchronize NFS data between on-premises storage and cloud-based storage
- NetApp Employees, Partners and Customers
- The students should have a general understanding of AWS architecture.
- The students should have a basic understanding of networking, IP address management.
- Student should be familiar with basics of ONTAP (SnapMirror, etc.)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Describe the Data Fabric vision and deployment models
- Module 2: Explain the network considerations for hybrid cloud deployments including latency, bandwidth, redundancy and connectivity.
- Module 3: Configure an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and connect it to an on-premises data center using VPN IPSec.
- Module 4: Configure an Azure Virtual Network (VNet) and connect it to an on-premises data center using VPN IPSec
- Module 5: Use OnCommand Cloud Manager (OCCM) to deploy ONTAP Cloud and to manage and move data in the Data Fabric.
- Module 6: Implement AltaVault solution to AWS S3 including backup, recovery and cloud migration.
- Module 7: Implement the Data Fabric Solution for Cloud Backup.
- Module 8: Perform SnapCenter backup and recovery operations.
- Module 9: Implement Cloud Sync service to enable seamless and secure synchronization of data between on-premises storage and AWS Simple Storage Service (S3).
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's