Introduction to Project Management
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
10 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
About this course:
This series focuses on introducing participants to the practical basics of project management. Focus is placed on the ANSI and IEEE accepted standards for professional project management.
The Introduction to Project Management course covers the introductory concepts of different Project Management methodologies like PMP® certification, Agile and Scrum.
The average salary for an Associate Project Manager is $89,286 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Ensure participants understand the fundamentals of project management and implement standard processes and practices to be successful in their project delivery.
- Enable organizations in providing effective project management delivery which reduces costs, project duration and increases business value using different methodologies.
- Establish the participant's knowledge on all project management concepts, terms, and tools.
This is the best introductory course for a professional who aspires to get into project management and know the different types of project management methodologies and processes.
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn
- You can communicate fluently and professionally in English
- You are willing to contribute to the course, including participating in the discussion forum and giving us feedback on how we can improve the course
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course Introduction
Module 01 - Introduction & Overview
- Module 01 - Introduction & Overview
- Module 01 Introduction
- Course Expectations
- Some Project Management Numbers Part 1
- Some Project Management Numbers Part 2
- What Tools Do You Need?
- What Is Project Management All About?
- How To Attain Great Results?
- The Division of Skills
Module 02 - Teams & Leadership
- Teams & Leadership Part 1
- Teams & Leadership Part 2
- Janssen's Model for Reactions to Change
- Conceptual Approach
- Spontaneous Approach
- Normative Approach
- Methodical Approach
- Approaches Lead to Roles
- The P.E.P. Cycle
- It's All In the Handoffs
- Five Reasons for Balancing Your Project Team
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Absence of Trust Part 1
- Absence of Trust Part 2
- Absence of Conflict Part 1
- Absence of Conflict Part 2
- The Changing View of Conflict
- The Five (5) Conflict Resolution Modes
- Lack of Commitment Part 1
- Lack of Commitment Part 2
- Avoidance of Accountability Part 1
- Avoidance of Accountability Part 2
- Inattention to Results Part 1
- Inattention to Results Part 2
Module 03 - Project Communication
- Project Communication Part 1
- Project Communication Part 2
- Why Is Communication Important?
- With Whom Do We Communicate?
- Channels of Communication
- Where Do We Get Understanding
- Hallway Conversations & Lunches
- Didactic Communications
- Basic Meeting Rules
- The Communications Plan
- Team Board
- The Use of Collaboration Tools
Module 04 - Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Management Part 1
- Stakeholder Management Part 2
- Who is a Stakeholder?
- Steps in Basic Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Super Groups
- The People Who Oppose Your Project
- Stakeholder Prioritization
Module 05 - The Basics of Project Management
- The Basics of Project Management Part 1
- The Basics of Project Management Part 2
- There Are No Absolutes
- What is Project Management?
- The Iron Triangle
- Project Boundaries
- PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas
- The Process Groups & Knowledge Areas Combined
- Every Project Should Have?
- Project Management Plan
- The Project Management Plan Can Also Include
- The Reporting Information Flow
- The Project Data Sheet (PDS) / Charter
- Status Reporting
- Project Portfolio Dashboard
- The Basic Planning Steps
Module 06 - Scope and Requirements
- Scope and Requirements Part 1
- Scope and Requirements Part 2
- The Importance of Scope & Requirements Definition
- The PMI Scope Management Framework
- The Product vs. Project Scope
- What is a Requirement??
- Types of Requirements
- Getting Quality Requirements
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- What the WBS Is
- What a WBS is NOT
- Components of the WBS
- A Basic WBS
- Managing Change
- What's wrong with this WBS?
- Answer Four Key Questions
- The Fourth Question?
- Why use a WBS?
- Introduction to Displayed Thinking
- In Scope and Out of Scope
- A Use Case
- Detailed Use Cases
Module 07 - Developmental Methodologies
- Developmental Methodologies Part 1
- Developmental Methodologies Part 2
- Project Management & Development Methodologies
- Developmental Methodology Pyramid
- Developmental Methodology Chart
- Three Major Types
- The Basic Waterfall Model
- Keys to the Waterfall Model
- Waterfall Keys Challenges
- The Spiral Development Cycle
- Advantages of the Spiral Model
- Challenges of the Spiral Model
- Reasons to Prototype
- Dangers of Prototyping
- Agile Development Values...
- The 12 Principles of Agile Software
- XP Is Customer Focused
- XP, How Does It Work?
- Iteration 0
- The Basic Steps Part 1
- The Basic Steps Part 2
- Tools For Agile Development
- Feature Cards
- Major Methodologies
- Selecting A Methodology
Module 08 - Effective Budgets & Schedules
- Effective Budgets & Schedules Part 1
- Effective Budgets & Schedules Part 2
- The Basic Steps in Scheduling
- Sequencing Methods
- Sequencing - Finish to Start
- Sequencing - Start to Start
- Sequencing - Finish to Finish
- Sequencing - Start to Finish
- Sequencing Diagram
- Resource Estimating
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Duration Estimating
- The Critical Formula
- Efficiency vs. Availability Part 1
- Efficiency vs. Availability Part 2
- Efficiency vs. Availability Part 3
- Project Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT) Part 1
- Project Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT) Part 2
- PERT Example
- Stages for Budget Development
- Estimating Techniques
- Don't Back into Your Schedule
- Critical Path Method Part 1
- Critical Path Method Part 2
- Critical Path Method Part 3
- Critical Path Method Part 4
- To Decrease Your Schedule
- Brooke's Law
Module 09 - Project Performance
- Project Performance Part 1
- Project Performance Part 2
- Project Performance Part 3
- What Causes Project Delays? Part 1
- What Causes Project Delays? Part 2
- Multi-Tasking Part 1
- Multi-Tasking Part 2
- What Behavior Do You Want?
- The Keys to Success
- Measuring Success
- Project Performance Chart
- The Triangle
- Introduction to Earned Value Part 1
- Introduction to Earned Value Part 2
- Earned Value Requirements Part 1
- Earned Value Requirements Part 2
- Earned Value - Key Terms
- Project Performance Key Values
- Cost Analysis
- Schedule Analysis
- Forecasting - ETC
- Forecasting - EAC
- Forecasting - TCPI
- Earned Value Graphs Part 1
- Earned Value Graphs Part 2
- Earned Value Radar
- Spark Lines and Bullet Graphs
- Earned Value Chart
- The Results
Module 10 - Change Management
- Module 10 - Change Management
- Module 10 Introduction
- Keys to Managing Change
- Scope Change Management
- Change Request Form
- Action Items or Issues
- Course Closure
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||10 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's