ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis (OSA)
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
6 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About This Course:
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL® intermediate capability stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 4 points.
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex, scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate.
The qualification is free standing, but also counts as 4 credits towards the ITIL® Expert Certification.
The course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and examination practice, reinforced through the trainers' proven implementation track record.
The average salary for a Network & Server Infrastructure specialist is $90,000 per year.
The ITIL® Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply OSA practices in resolution and support of the service management lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL® process, role and function areas:
- Event management
- Incident management
- Request fulfillment
- Problem management
- Access management
- Service desk
- Technical management
- Application management
- IT operations management
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of the ITIL® Certificate in the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- IT professionals who are working within an organization which has adopted and adapted ITIL® and who need to be informed about, and thereafter contribute to, an ongoing service improvement programmer
- Operational staff involved in event management process, incident management process, request fulfillment process, problem management process, access management process, service desk, technical management, IT operations management and application management, and who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
- It is recommended that candidates can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand Operational Support and Analysis within the context of their own business environment and have experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility for at least one of the included process and functions.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
ITIL® OSA: Introduction and Overview
- Service management as a practice
- The service value proposition
- Optimizing operational service performance
- The role of OSA processes in the lifecycle
- How OSA supports the service lifecycle
Core Service Operation Processes
- The purpose, goal and objectives of event management
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and the process interfaces
- Using critical success factors to check effectiveness
- Employing active and passive monitoring tools
- Managing the incident lifecycle
- Identifying process activities, methods and techniques and how they relate to the service lifecycle
- Interaction with design services
- Incident management involvement
- Scope of the processes
- The policies, principles and the request model concept
- Dealing with service requests from users
- How KPIs can verify effectiveness and efficiency of the request fulfillment process
- The objectives of the problem management process
- Managing the lifecycle of problems
- Value to the business and the service lifecycle
- Identifying triggers, input and output to other processes
- Analyzing critical success factors to check efficiency
- Policies, principles and basic concepts
- Managing authorized user access
- Distinguishing access management and information management
- Executing security and availability management policies
- Challenges and critical success factors
- Verifying effectiveness and efficiency
- Establishing the service desk objectives
- Organizational structures and staffing options
- Providing a single point of contact
- Measuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Impact of service desk on customer perception
- Reasons and options for outsourcing the service desk
Service Operation Functions
- Functions of technical management, IT operations management and application management
- How the functions contribute to OSA
- Identifying the roles of each function
- Distinguishing the objectives of each function
- Analyzing the function's activities
- Generic technology requirements
- Evaluation criteria for technology and tooling for process implementation
- Planning and implementing service management technologies
- Assessing and managing the project, risk and staffing for process implementation
- Identifying the critical success factors and risks related to implementing practices and processes
- Managing change in service operation
- Examining implementation aspects of service operation and project management
- Assessing and managing risk in service operation
- Operational staff considerations in service design and transition
- How to plan and implement service management technologies
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||6 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's