ITIL® Continual Service Improvement (CSI) (ITIL®-CSI)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
A three day course intended to provide, test and validate knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL® Continual service improvement publication. This module focuses on the principles and techniques from the Continual Service Improvement stage of the ITIL® Lifecycle. This course focuses on how organizations and individuals can strategically review the products and services they have produced following the strategy, design, transition and operation stages of the IT Service Lifecycle and offers guidance on how this process should be organized and executed. It also includes guidance on the tools and technology that can be used to support CSI activities as well as how to evaluate risks and critical success factors. This course will also prepares the students for ITIL® Intermediate Module - Continual Service Improvement certification exam.
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points.
The average salary for ITIL® certified IT professional is $100,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare for and pass the ITIL® Continual Service Improvement (CSI) exam
- Apply the seven-step improvement process
- Deliver CSI using proven techniques
- Organize for CSI by defining responsibilities with tools and technology
- Implement CSI while analyzing challenges, critical success factors, and risks
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® continual service improvement stage of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a continual service improvement environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
- In addition, it is desirable that students have a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience and it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Continual service improvement publication in preparation for the examination.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- The core concepts and terminology of continual service improvement (CSI) and how continual service improvement looks for ways to improve process effectiveness and efficiency as well as cost effectiveness in all stages of the ITIL® service lifecycle
- Continual service improvement principles
- How the success of CSI depends upon an understanding of organizational changes and establishing clear accountability, and the influence of service level management
- Continual service improvement process
- The seven-step improvement process, including activities, interfaces, inputs and outputs
- How CSI integrates with the other stages of the ITIL® service lifecycle, and how other processes support the different seven-step improvement process activities
- Continual service improvement methods and techniques
- Methods and techniques which are primarily used to deliver continual service improvement
- How to perform and interpret assessments, gap analysis, benchmarking, service measurement, metrics, balanced scorecards, SWOT analysis, service reports and return on investment
- How continual service improvement uses availability, capacity, IT service continuity and problem management to support its activities
- Organizing for continual service improvement
- Continual service improvement in relation to the organization, roles relevant to continual service improvement and their responsibilities, skills and competencies
- The nature of the activities and the skills required for the seven-step improvement process as well as the how authority matrices (RACI) are used by continual service improvement
- Technology considerations
- The technology and tools used to support continual service improvement, holistic service management tools and tools for system, network, event, performance, project, portfolio and financial management
- Implementing continual service improvement
- The complete methodology of when and where to start implementing continual service improvement, the role of governance, the effect of organizational change and communication strategies and planning
- Challenges, critical success factors and risk
- The challenges and risks facing continual service improvement and appropriate critical success factors (CSFs)
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's