Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points. Please Note: The associated ITIL® Certification Exam will only be administered on the last day of class, in the event that you are unable to take the exam on the last day of class you will be responsible for making arrangements to purchase and take the exam with an exam vendor in your area.
- Introduction to service operation
- Service operation principles
- Service operation processes
- Common service operation activities
- Organizing for service operation
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of service operation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® service operation stage of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course In addition, it is desirable that students have a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience and it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to service operation
- The core concepts and terminology of service operation in relation to the execution and co-ordination of the activities and processes required to deliver, manage and support services at agreed levels to business users and customers
Service operation principles
- Service operation principles and all aspects related to operations including achieving balance in service operations, providing good service, involvement in other lifecycle stages and operational health Service operation processes
- The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the service operation stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of the processes (covered in the Operational Support and Analysis Capability module)
Common service operation activities
- The activities commonly performed in service operation
Organizing for service operation
- The organization of service operation through the service operation functions of service desk, technical management, IT operations management and application management, mapping these functions to roles, responsibilities and activities as well as organizational structures
- This unit covers technology as part of implementing service management process capabilities and the special technology functions and features that are related to service operation practices
Implementation of service operation
- How implementation considerations contribute to service operation
Challenges, critical success factors and risk
- The challenges and risks facing service operation and how critical success factors (CSFs) contribute to service operation
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's