ITIL Service Transition (ITIL-ST)
Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points.
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex, scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate.
The qualification is free standing, but also counts as 3 credits towards the ITIL Expert Certification.
The course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and examination practice, reinforced through the trainers' proven implementation track record.
- Introduction to service transition
- Service transition principles
- Service transition processes
- Managing people through service transitions
- Organizing for service transition
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving service transition
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service transition stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service transition environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
- In addition, it is desirable that students have a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience and it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Transition publication in preparation for the examination.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to service transition
- The purpose, goals, objectives and scope of service transition, the business value of service transition activities, the context of service transition in the ITIL service lifecycle and the inputs and outputs of service transition
Service transition principles
- Aspects of the basic guiding principles of service transition, specifically key policies and principles that enable the implementation of service transition best practice
Service transition processes
- The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL processes covered in the service transition stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of the processes (covered in the Release, Control and Validation Capability module)
Managing people through service transitions
- A high-level view of the communications and stakeholder management activities which support service transition
- Managing communications, commitment, organizational change and stakeholder change
- Aspects of organizational roles and responsibilities and how to plan and implement organizational change
- Methods, practices and techniques relating to assessing organizational readiness for, and monitoring progress of, organizational change
Organizing for service transition
- Roles, responsibilities and organizational structures appropriate within service transition
- The organizational context of service transition with a review of the relationship of service transition with other lifecycle phases
- Technology's role in service transition and how it should be "designed in".
- The mechanisms for maintaining and maximizing benefit from the technology, from enterprise-wide tools through to more specific IT Service Management technology and support tools
Implementing and improving service transition
- The implementation and improvement of service transition in an organization
Challenges, critical success factors and risk
- The challenges and critical success factors (CSFs) facing service transition and how risk mitigation contributes to service transition
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST