ITIL® Service Transition (ITIL®-ST)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The course and associated examination are free-standing but also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream. It is one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management and carries a credit value of 3 points.
The qualification is based on a 90 minute closed-book examination of 8 complex, scenario based multiple choice questions. Typically, the examination is taken at the end of the course. Successful delegates will be awarded the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate.
The qualification is free standing, but also counts as 3 credits towards the ITIL® Expert Certification.
The course is delivered in accordance with an accredited course syllabus and certification process. It combines tutorials, practical exercises and examination practice, reinforced through the trainers' proven implementation track record.
- Introduction to service transition
- Service transition principles
- Service transition processes
- Managing people through service transitions
- Organizing for service transition
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving service transition
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® service transition stage of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a service transition environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications
- Individuals seeking the ITIL® Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL® Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or equivalent) which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission
- Attend an accredited training course
- In addition, it is desirable that students have a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience and it is recommended that students complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL® Service Transition publication in preparation for the examination.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to service transition
- The purpose, goals, objectives and scope of service transition, the business value of service transition activities, the context of service transition in the ITIL® service lifecycle and the inputs and outputs of service transition
Service transition principles
- Aspects of the basic guiding principles of service transition, specifically key policies and principles that enable the implementation of service transition best practice
Service transition processes
- The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the service transition stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of the processes (covered in the Release, Control and Validation Capability module)
Managing people through service transitions
- A high-level view of the communications and stakeholder management activities which support service transition
- Managing communications, commitment, organizational change and stakeholder change
- Aspects of organizational roles and responsibilities and how to plan and implement organizational change
- Methods, practices and techniques relating to assessing organizational readiness for, and monitoring progress of, organizational change
Organizing for service transition
- Roles, responsibilities and organizational structures appropriate within service transition
- The organizational context of service transition with a review of the relationship of service transition with other lifecycle phases
- Technology's role in service transition and how it should be "designed in".
- The mechanisms for maintaining and maximizing benefit from the technology, from enterprise-wide tools through to more specific IT Service Management technology and support tools
Implementing and improving service transition
- The implementation and improvement of service transition in an organization
Challenges, critical success factors and risk
- The challenges and critical success factors (CSFs) facing service transition and how risk mitigation contributes to service transition
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's