Managing NAS and Performance Analysis Combo (NetApp-NASPerf)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
QuickStart's premier NAS and Performance Analysis training combines CIFS, NFS, and performance analysis topics into a single, in-depth one-week course. It provides the knowledge and skills that you need to administer CIFS version 1.x to 3.x and NFS versions 3, 4, and 4.1 in a clustered Data ONTAP® operating system. Learn the skills you need to collect and analyze performance data from NetApp® storage systems from a NetApp Authorized Learning Partner.
The average salary for NetApp Storage Administrator is $128,000 per year.
- Define and describe NFS protocol versions
- Configure clustered ONTAP 9 for NFSv3,NFSv4,and NFSv4.1 with parallel NFS (pNFS)
- Configure Kerberos in a Linux and NetApp ONTAP 9 environment using Windows Active Directory authentication
- Discuss performance management and troubleshooting for NetApp storage systems and clients
- Explain the CIFS and SMB protocol
- Demonstrate the Windows PowerShell CLI
- Configure SMB features using ONTAP 9 software
- Create and manage SMB shares and sessions
- Secure SMB sessions
- Configure ONTAP for multiprotocol data access
- Discuss SMB advanced topics, such as opportunistic locks (oplocks), BranchCache, auditing, group policy, automatic home shares, symbolic links (symlinks), and widelinks
- Understand how a storage system running ONTAP 9 functions
- Identify the commands and tools to use to collect and monitor storage system performance
- Interpret performance data and identify hindrances to storage system performance
- Use system commands and features to enhance storage system performance and efficiency
- Professionals who manage NetApp storage systems and need a deeper understanding of protocols and performance in a clustered Data ONTAP environment.
- Clustered Data ONTAP Administration
- Hands-on experience with Data ONTAP (three to six months)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: NFS Overview
- Module 2: NFS Version 3
- Module 3: NFS Version 4
- Module 4: NFS Version 4.1
- Module 5: Performance and Basic Troubleshooting
- Module 6: CIFS Overview
- Module 7: SMB Setup
- Module 8: Shares and Sessions
- Module 9: Access Control
- Module 10: Advanced Topics
- Module 11: PowerShell and the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit
- Module 12: Performance and Basic Troubleshooting
- Module 13: How a NetApp Storage System Works
- Module 14: Performance Overview
- Module 15: lustered Storage System Workloads and Bottlenecks
- Module 16: Cluster Performance Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 17: OnCommand Management Tools
- Module 18: Storage QoS
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's