NETAPP - CDOTDP 9.3 ONTAP Cluster Administration 9.3 and Data Protection (NETAPP - CDOTDP 9.3)
Multi-Location ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
This five-day, instructor-led course uses lecture and hands-on exercises to teach basic administration of an ONTAP® cluster. You configure and maintain a cluster. You practice working with ONTAP features. You use the cluster shell and OnCommand® System Manager to manage storage and network resources. Become proficient with NetApp ONTAP SnapMirror, SnapVault, SVM DR, SyncMirror, and NDMP technologies used to replicate, restore, and protect missioncritical data in the enterprise. Backup and restore operations are taught using the NetApp storage system CLI and the OnCommand System Manager. The course also provides an overview of the ONTAP MetroCluster high-availability and disaster recovery software solution.
The average salary for a NetApp Engineer with the skills of Cluster Administrator/Data Protection is $118,500 per year.
- Describe how ONTAP fits into the NetApp Cloud and Data Fabric strategy
- Identify supported ONTAP configurations
- Create a cluster
- Manage ONTAP administrators
- Configure and manage storage resources
- Configure and manage networking resources
- Create and configure a storage virtual machine (SVM)
- Create and manage FlexVol® volumes
- Implement storage efficiency features
- Create protocol servers within an SVM
- Upgrade and revert ONTAP patches and releases
- Describe NetApp protection technology and the NetApp integrated data-protection solutions that are supported in ONTAP
- Design, implement and manage ONTAP SnapMirror replication
- Perform storage virtual machine disaster recovery setup and operation
- Design, implement and manage ONTAP SnapVault replication
- Use the OnCommand System Manager to set up and manage backup and restore operations
- Describe how SyncMirror software can be used to protect data at the aggregate level
- Describe how to implement the NDMP protocol in ONTAP software
- Network Engineers
- Channel Partners
- System Engineers
- NetApp Customers
Completion of the following web based training modules:
- ONTAP Cluster Fundamentals
- ONTAP Data Management Fundamentals
- ONTAP Data Network Fundamentals
- ONTAP NAS Fundamentals
- ONTAP SAN Fundamentals
- ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: ONTAP 9
- Module 2: Cluster Setup
- Module 3: Cluster Management
- Module 4: Network Management
- Module 5: Physical Storage Management
- Module 6: Logical Storage Management
- Module 7: Managing Data
- Module 8: Storage Efficiency
- Module 9: Cluster Maintenance
- Module 10: ONTAP Integrated Data Protection
- Module 11: NetApp Mirroring Fundamentals
- Module 12: Implementation of SnapMirror Relationships
- Module 13: Disaster Recovery for Storage Virtual Machines
- Module 14: Disk-to-Disk Backup with SnapVault Software
- Module 15: SyncMirror and MetroCluster Software
- Module 16: NDMP and Tape Backup
|Learning Style||Multi-Location Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's