NETAPP-ONTAP9XTB ONTAP 9.x Transition Bundle (NETAPP-ONTAP9XTB)
About this course:
This course is a combination of the ONTAP Administration: What’s New in ONTAP 9.0 (ADMIN90) and ONTAP Administration: What's New in ONTAP 9.1 (ADMIN91) courses. It is intended for those already versed in NetApp 8.3 Administration and looking to transition to ONTAP 9.1 technology. By enrolling in this package, you will be signed up for both courses and will receive 2 enrollment emails.
The average salary for NetApp Systems Administrator is $102,764 per year.
- List the new features included in the ONTAP 9.0 and ONTAP 9.1 release
- Identify the different deployment options
- Identify feature enhancements to the FAS, All Flash FAS, and OnCommand software
- Configure encrypted volumes using NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) and massively scalable containers using FlexGroup volumes
- Configure SMB workgroup authentication, SnapLock, RAID-TEC, onboard key management, and SnapMirror for Storage Virtual Machine
- Network Engineers
- Sales Engineers
- A working knowledge of clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 is required
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: ONTAP 9 Software
- ONTAP 9 overview
- Hardware platforms
- Supported platforms
- Software-defined ONTAP
- ONTAP Select
- ONTAP Cloud
Module 2: Management Software Enhancements
- OnCommand management portfolio
- System manager enhancements
- SnapCenter 2.0
Module 3: Unified Storage Enhancements
- CIFS workgroup support
- SMB authentication methods
- Unsupported features
- CIFS server
- Storage performance
- OnCommand performance manager
- Rehosting a volume
Module 4: All Flash FAS Enhancements
- Write acknowledgment
- Read performance
- Efficiency features
- Inline data compaction
- Storage consumption
- Drive partitioning
- AFF efficiency calculator
- SAN-optimized provisioning
- NAS-optimized provisioning
Module 5: Data Availability and Protection Enhancements
- SnapLock software
- Onboard key manager
- Data protection enhancements
- SnapMirror for SVMs
- SVM DR enhancements
Module 1: ONTAP 9.1 New Features
- Additional enhancements
- ONTAP Select
- ONTAP cloud for AWS and Azure
- OnCommand enhancements
- System Manager Dashboard
- Cluster Setup
Module 2: Hardware Refresh
- New FAS Platforms
- New All Flash FAS platforms
- Connectivity enhancements
- New storage shelf portfolio
Module 3: Storage Encryption
- Encryption technologies
- Volume encryption
- Creating an encrypted volume
Module 4: FlexGroup Volumes
- Scale-out NAS
- FlexVol volumes vs. FlexGroup volumes
- FlexGroup volume file creation
- Storage Failovers (SFO)
- Managing FlexGroup volumes
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt