ONTAP MetroCluster Installation (MCCIIW)
This course is designed to teach participants how to cable and create a Metro Cluster environment.
About this Course:
Technology has become pertinent for all businesses today and no industry can boast of success without incorporating modern technology. This has led to a constant rise in the demand for It experts. A Professional Service Implementation Engineer can earn up to an average of $85,893 per year.
Metro cluster is a software which serves as a high availability and a disaster recovery solution. This course is designed to teach participants how to cable and create a Metro Cluster environment. This course borrows the use of hands on exercises which will guide individuals to practice configuration and verification steps. Furthermore , this course will also focus on how to recognize failures of different components and the steps which should be taken for the recovery from said failures.
This is categorized as an advanced level course with a primary focus on the installation, configuration and administration features of Metro Cluster available in ONTAP 9
By the end of this course, the students should be have learnt the following skills and be able to;
- Describe the major architectural components of a MetroCluster environment
- Cable nodes, back-end FC switches and FibreBridge devices
- Set up bridges and back-end FC switches
- Configure the clusters at both sites in a MetroCluster environment
- Set up a MetroCluster configuration and serve data to clients
- Detect and recover from failures in a MetroCluster environment
- Install and configure Tiebreaker software
This course is targeted towards the following audience;
- Employees of Net App
- Partner professional service implementation engineers
These are the prerequisites which are an absolute requirement for attending this course.
- Either successful completion of ONTAP Cluster Administration (ONTAP 9.6) (ONTAP9ADM) and ONTAP Data Protection Administration (ONTAP 9.6) (DATAPROT9)
- A fundamental knowledge of SANS
- Successful completion of ONTAP PS Professional Compliance Program or an equivalent program
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Multi-Location Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
ONTAP MetroCluster InstallationGood teacher
ONTAP MetroCluster InstallationGood learning experience