Oracle BI 12c: Create Analyses and Dashboards Ed 1 (OR-12cCad)
About this course:
This Oracle BI 12c: Create Analyses and Dashboards course for Release 12.2.1 provides step-by-step instructions for creating Oracle BI analyses and dashboards in business intelligence applications. You'll begin by building basic analyses to include in dashboards, with more complexity as the course progresses.
- Build analyses and dashboards.
- Build and use views and graphs in analyses.
- Create and work with KPIs and scorecards.
- Create and modify Oracle BI dashboards.
- Use Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile to access BI content.
- Create mobile applications with Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile App Designer.
- Integrate BI content into MS Office applications using Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office.
- Administer objects in the Presentation Services Catalog.
Benefits to You
Transform your organization’s data into intelligence for improved decision making. Provide time-critical, relevant and accurate insights. Become more efficient at modifying analyses and dashboards.
Explore Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office
You'll also learn to use Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office to integrate Oracle BI data and views in presentations and spreadsheets. Walk away from this course with the knowledge and skills to design mobile applications for BI content using the trial edition of the Oracle BI Mobile App Designer. Furthermore, you'll explore the use of Oracle BI Briefing Books, while learning to administer objects in the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog.
- Build and use views and charts in analyses
- Perform pre- and post-aggregate filtering using filters, groups, and selections
- Create mobile applications with Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile App Designer
- Add geographical mapping to analyses
- Use Key Performance Indicators and Scorecards to analyze trends and meet business objectives
- Use BI Mobile to access BI Content
- Create and modify Interactive Dashboards
- Use hierarchical columns in analyses and views
- Create guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards
- Use Delivers to configure Agents to get the results of analyses and deliver them to subscribers
- Create and modify Oracle Business Intelligence analyses using Analysis Editor
- Perform administration tasks related to the development and configuration of Interactive Dashboards
- Administer analyses and other Oracle BI objects
- Use Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office to integrate Oracle BI analysis and Interactive Dashboard content into Office documents
- Combine analysis criteria across multiple subject areas and execute direct database queries
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- End Users
- Application Developers
- Business Analysts
- Technical Consultant
- Functional Implementer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Technical Administrator
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Introduction to Oracle BI EE
- Oracle BI 12c Highlights
- Oracle BI 12c Architecture
Working with Oracle Business Intelligence Analyses
- Adding basic formatting
- Working with analyses in Oracle BI
- Introduction to Oracle BI Analysis Editor
- Setting analysis properties
- Oracle BI column types
- Using advanced formatting
Filtering Data for Analyses
- Adding prompts to analyses
- Using saved analyses as filters
- Dynamic filtering
- Creating, editing, and grouping filters
- Introduction to filters and selections
Selecting and Grouping Data for Analysis
- Creating calculated items
- Including advanced SQL clauses in your analysis
- Creating selection steps
- Creating direct database analysis requests
- Creating groups
Advance Visualization in Analysis
- Working with views in Compound Layouts
- Performing common view tasks
- Introduction to views, graphs, and editors
- Creating and editing graphs
Showing Results with Pivot Tables
- Using hierarchical columns
- Building calculations and displaying running sums
- Showing an item's relative value
- Creating, arranging, and formatting a pivot table
- Setting aggregation and using totals
- Sorting in pivot tables
Working with Additional Views in Analyses
- Creating simple and advanced trellis views
- Creating performance tile views
- Linking master-detail views
- Working other view types like Treemap and Heat Matrix
Visualizing Data on Maps
- Oracle spatial components
- Managing map data
- Other applications and points of integration for map views
- Interacting with map views
- Creating and editing Map views
Creating Oracle Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Publishing dashboard pages
- Using the Dashboard Builder
- Exploring dashboard object properties and options
- Creating and editing dashboards
- Creating personal customizations and using other page options
Configuring Oracle Business Intelligence Dashboards
- Embedding content in dashboards
- Exploring types of dashboard content
Creating Dashboard Prompts and Variables
- Adding variable prompts to a dashboard
- Creating additional prompt page and setting page preferences
- Adding a named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
- Understanding variables
- Adding a hidden named dashboard prompt to a dashboard
Scorecards and Key Performance Indicators
- Editing scorecards and KPIs
- Objects and components of Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management
- Creating scorecard documents
- Scorecard document types
- Creating scorecards and KPIs
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) overview
Visual Analyzer, BI Ask, and Data Mashup
- Creating Visual Analyzer Projects
- Adding and rearranging the Visualizations
- Data Mashups
- BI Ask
Working with BI Content in Smart View
- Creating and publishing views using the View Designer
- Federating data from multiple data sources
- Inserting BI views in to Smart View clients
- Working with Views in Smart View Clients
- Customizing BI data in MS Office
- Copying and pasting views between Smart View clients
Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile
- Navigating the Oracle BI mobile application
- Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit
- Downloading and using the Oracle BI mobile application
- Working with BI content
- Working with favorites and local content
Using Oracle Business Intelligence Delivers
- Adding an Alert Section to a dashboard
- Configuring an Agent
- Subscribing to an Agent
- Using Analysis and KPI conditions to deliver content with Agents
- Configuring delivery devices and adding delivery profiles
Administering the Presentation Catalog
- Working with Oracle BI Briefing Books
- Setting object permissions
- Setting system privileges
- Managing security using roles
- Oracle BI and catalog security overview
- Understanding security inheritance
- Archiving catalog items
Direct Database Analysis
- Creating and Executing a Direct Database Analysis
- Changing Direct Database Analysis Privileges
- Direct Database Analysis Overview
- Advance Analytics Internal Logical SQL Functions
- Running Aggregate Functions
- Advance Analytics External Logical SQL Functions
- SQL Syntax and Semantics
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt