Oracle BI Publisher 11g R1: Fundamentals (OBP-Fundamentals)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This Oracle BI Publisher 11g training will help you build a foundation of understanding how to best leverage this solution. Through Classroom Training or Live Virtual Class Training, you'll learn the ins and outs of how to use this solution.
- Create data models by using the Data Model Editor.
- Create BI Publisher reports based on data models.
- Create report layouts by using the Layout Editor (online).
- Create reports based on OBI EE data sources.
- Publish the reports on OBI EE Dashboards.
- Schedule reports and burst these reports.
Furthermore, you'll learn how to create layouts for reports, then publish the highly formatted reports to a wide range of destinations (printers, faxes, email, and document repositories via FTP or WebDav). Publisher's report formats can also be designed by using familiar Microsoft Office tools like Microsoft Word and Excel.
Scheduling and Bursting Reports
Oracle BI Publisher 11g provides best of breed capabilities for scheduling and bursting reports. By investing in this course, you'll learn how to schedule and manage scheduled jobs, along with bursting reports to other destinations.
- Schedule and Burst Reports
- Perform Translations
- Create Reports Integrated With Oracle BI EE
- Administer BI Publisher Server
- Describe BI Publisher Technology and Architecture
- Create reports from OBI EE data sources
- Create and Modify Data Models
- Create Layouts by Using the Layout Editor
- Create RTF Templates by Using Template Builder
- Explore and Use the Form Field Method for Creating RTF Templates
- Functional Implementer
- Reports Developer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- End Users
- Application Developers
- Business Analysts
- Technical Consultant
- There are no prerequisites required for this course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Oracle BI Publisher 11g
- Overview of Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Course Agenda
- Overview of Oracle BI Foundation Suite
- BI Publisher as a Strategic Reporting Solution for All Applicationss
- Overview of Oracle BI EE
- Functions of Reporting Systems including Challenges
- Introducing BI Publisher Paradigm
- Salient Features of BI Publisher
BI Publisher Technology and Architecture
- Bursting Overview
- Layout Templates
- Multitier Architecture
- Internationalization and Language Support
- Enterprise Server Architecture and Performance and Scalability
- Supported Data Sources
- Functional Components
- Document Generation Process and Output Formats
Getting Started with BI Publisher
- Selecting Data: Data Model, Spreadsheet, and BI Subject Area
- Using Create Report wizard to Create Reports
- Managing Favorites
- Logging In, the Home Page, and Global Header, and Setting Account Preferences
- Configuring Report Properties
- Managing Repository Objects
- Viewing Reports
Using the Data Model Editor
- Viewing Data and Saving Sample Data Sets
- Using Query Builder to Build a Query
- Exploring the Data Model Editor UI and the Supported Data Sources
- Adding Parameters and LOVs to the Query
- Exploring the Schemas Used in the Course
- Creating a Simple Data Model based on a SQL Query Data Set
- Configuring Parameter Settings and Viewing Reports with Parameters
- Creating a Private Data Source
Working with Layout Editor
- Working with Lists, Gauges and Pivot Tables
- Creating a Layout by Using a Basic Template
- Opening the Layout Editor and Navigating the Layout Editor UI
- Inserting and Editing Charts, and Converting Charts to a Pivot Tables
- Creating Boilerplates
- Adding Repeating Sections, Text Items, and Images
- Adding a Table, Formatting Columns, Defining Sorts and Groups, and Applying Conditional Formats
- Inserting a Layout Grid
Using Template Builder to Create Templates
- Designing an RTF Template for a BI Publisher Report
- Creating an RTF Template from a Sample, Changing Field Properties, and Previewing Table Data
- Creating a BI Publisher Report by Using Template Builder in Online Mode
- Exploring Advanced RTF Template Techniques Including Conditional Formats, Watermarks, Page-Level Calculations, Running Totals, Grouping, and Sorting
- Adding a Chart to an RTF Template
- Exploring the Basic and Form Field Methods
- Using the BI Publisher Menu Bar
BI Publisher Server: Administration and Security
- Setting, Viewing, and Updating Data Sources
- Describing Groups, Users, Roles, and Permissions
- Creating the JDBC Connections
- Describing the Security Model for BI Publisher and Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Describing Delivery Options Including Print, Fax, Email, WebDav, HTTP Server, FTP, and CUPS
- Describing and Configuring BI Publisher Scheduler
- Describing the Administration Page
- Integrating with Oracle BI Presentation Services and Oracle Endeca Server
Scheduling and Bursting Reports
- Adding a Bursting Definition to a Data Model
- Scheduling a Bursting Job
- Managing and Viewing a Report Job
- Scheduling a Report with Trigger
- Describing Bursting
- Viewing Report Job History
- Scheduling and Describing a Report Job and Related Options
- Exporting and Importing the XLIFF for a Catalog Folder
- Describing Catalog Translation
- Translating by Using the XLIFF Option
- Managing XLIFF Translations on BI Publisher Server
- Translating by Using the Localized Template Option
- Describing the Overall Translation Process
- Describing Translation Types
Integrating BI Publisher with Oracle BI Enterprise Edition
- Creating a Data Model and Report based on a BI Server SQL Query
- Navigating Oracle BI EE
- Creating a Report based on OBI EE Subject Area
- Adding a BI Publisher Report to an Oracle BI EE Dashboard
- Creating a Data Model and Report based on an Oracle BI Analysis
- Configuring Presentation Services Integration
Creating Data Models and BI Publisher Reports Based on Other Data Sources
- Explaining Proxy Setting for Web Services and HTTP Data Sources
- Creating a BI Publisher Report Based on CSV Data source
- Configuring Presentation Services Integration
- Describing the Web Services Data Source
- Describing the HTTP (XML/RSS Feed) Data Source
- Creating a BI Publisher Report Based on XML File
- Creating a BI Publisher Report based on an HTTP Data Set
- Creating a BI Publisher Report based on an External Web Service
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt