Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Through a real-life simulation case study, this project management training course provides you with the fundamental knowledge and skills to leverage key project management concepts, implement effective project management processes, and develop leadership skills needed for successfully planning, managing, and delivering projects of any size and scope.
- Apply best practices to plan a project using a proven five-step process
- Estimate and schedule task work, duration, and costs
- Implement risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Lead a project team and monitor project progress
- Project Managers
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Building a project navigation system
- Defining the project management process
- Identifying key documents, deliverables and approvals
- Negotiating realistic constraints for project success
- Applying project management standards
Launching Your Project
Building an appropriate governance structure
- Ensuring project sponsorship and business ownership
- Gaining the support of subject matter experts
- Clarifying the role of other managers and third parties
Defining the project
- Validating business drivers and goals
- Determining project objectives and deliverables
- Tracking and managing project issues
Authorizing the project
- Writing the project business case
- Developing the project charter
- Securing project approval
The Five-Step Planning Process
Identifying and estimating the work
- Working with project stakeholders
- Defining scope with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Driving the plan down to manageable tasks
- Building high-confidence estimates
- Leveraging three-point estimating to refine accuracy
Scheduling and budgeting the work
- Converting the WBS to precedence networks
- Determining the critical path tasks
- Calculating project duration
- Building and analyzing Gantt charts
- Using float effectively in the schedule
Building and leading the project team
- Identifying and securing project resources
- Optimizing the use of project resources
- Preparing and agreeing on task contracts
- Developing and motivating the project team
- Managing virtual and matrix teams
Managing project risks
- Identifying project risks and assumptions
- Creating a Risk Breakdown Structure (RBS)
- Assessing risk probabilities and impacts
- Planning appropriate responses and actions
- Using a Risk Register and Risk Distribution Graph
Baselining the project plan
- Developing the project change control plan
- Validating essential supporting processes
- Conducting the project health check
- Creating the project baseline
- Securing authorization to run the project
Running the Project
Employing the four-step project control cycle
- Avoiding the common causes of project failure
- Building a real-time feedback loop
- Managing stakeholder expectations
Tracking and monitoring task performance
- Clarifying key metrics and data collection methods
- Utilizing the two kinds of monitoring
- Avoiding the 90%-complete trap
Analyzing progress against the baseline
- Tracking planned vs. actual task performance
- Projecting the impact of variation to the baseline
- Performing root cause analysis
Correcting the project plan
- Implementing, correcting and optimizing strategies
- Fast-tracking the project schedule
- Crashing the critical path tasks
Reporting project status
- Communicating status to stakeholders
- Creating milestone reports
- Using project scorecards and dashboards
Successful Project Closure
- Conducting a post-project review
- Brainstorming lessons learned
- Closing out the project
- Celebrating your project success
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's