Querying Data with Transact SQL
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
30 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About This Course:
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science and the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Big Data.
Transact-SQL is an essential skill for data professionals and developers working with SQL databases. With this combination of expert instruction, demonstrations, and practical labs, step from your first SELECT statement through to implementing transactional programmatic logic.
Work through multiple modules, each of which explore a key area of the Transact-SQL language, with a focus on querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server or Azure SQL Database. The labs in this course use a sample database that can be deployed easily in Azure SQL Database, so you get hands-on experience with Transact-SQL without installing or configuring a database server.
- Create Transact-SQL SELECT queries
- Work with data types and NULL
- Query multiple tables with JOIN
- Explore set operators
- Use functions and aggregate data
- Work with subqueries and APPLY
- Use table expressions
- Group sets and pivot data
- Modify data
- Program with Transact-SQL
- Implement error handling and transactions
- Basic understanding of databases and IT systems.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Before You Start
Section 1: Modules 1-2
- Module 1: Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Lab 1: Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Module 2: Querying Tables with SELECT
- Lab 2: Querying Tables with SELECT
Section 2: Modules 3-5
- Module 3: Querying Multiple Tables with Joins
- Lab 3: Querying Multiple Tables with Joins
- Module 4: Using Set Operators
- Lab 4: Using Set Operators
- Module 5: Using Functions and Aggregating Data
- Lab 5: Using Functions and Aggregating Data
Section 3: Modules 6-8
- Module 6: Using Subqueries and APPLY
- Lab 6: Using Subqueries and APPLY
- Module 7: Using Table Expressions
- Lab 7: Using Table Expressions
- Module 8: Grouping Sets and Pivoting Data
- Lab 8: Grouping Sets and Pivoting Data
Section 4: Modules 9-11
- Module 9: Modifying Data
- Lab 9: Modifying Data
- Module 10: Programming with Transact-SQL
- Lab 10: Programming with Transact-SQL
- Module 11: Error Handling and Transactions
- Lab 11: Error Handling and Transactions
- Final Exam
- Before You Go
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||30 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's