Red Hat System Administration II (Virtual Training) (RH134VT-EC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The course is a followup to System Administration I and continues to utilize today's best-of-breed, contemporary teaching methodology. Students will be actively engaged in task-focused activities, lab-based knowledge checks, and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skills transfer and retention. Building on the foundation of command line skills covered in System Administration I, students will dive deeper into Red Hat Enterprise Linux to broaden their "tool kits" of administration skills. By the end of this five-day course, students will be able to administer and troubleshoot file systems and partitioning, logical volume management, access control, package management.
The average salary for Red Hat System Administrator is $72,762 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Managing file systems and logical volumes
- Controlling user and file access
- Installing and managing services and processes
- Essential command line operations
- Troubleshooting Controlling user and file access
This course is intended for:
- IT professionals who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and want the skills to be full-time enterprise Linux administrators
- The students should have completed the Red Hat System Administration I course before taking on this course
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's