RHCSA Red Hat System Administrator Rapid Track Course (RH199)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course is the combination of Red Hat System Administration I and II at a rapid speed. This course is designed for the student who are fairly experienced with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administrator II (RH134) at high speed pace. This course also prepares the students for the Red Hat EX200: Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
Note: This course builds on a student's existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help.
The average salary for a Linux Systems Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer is $72,762 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
- Updating software packages with yum
- Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
- Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
- Firewall management with firewalld
- Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
- Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
This course is intended for:
- Students for this class should have 1-3 years of full time Linux administration experience
- Students attending this course should have basic experience with the following, with minimal dependence on documentation:
- Linux (some of the course may be review)
- The bash shell, including job control (&, fg, bg, jobs), shell expansion (command, tilde, globbing, brace, protection from expansion), I/O redirection, and pipes
- IPv4 networking addressing and routing concepts, TCP/UDP, and ports
- Navigation of the GNOME 3 interface
- Editing text files from the command line with vim or other available programs
- Finding information in man pages and info nodes
- The concept of file permissions
- Interactive installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Per-user 'at' and 'cron' jobs
- Use of archival utilities such as 'tar', 'zip', and compression utilities
- Absolute and relative paths
- Finding files with 'find' and 'locate'
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Accessing the command line
Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Managing files from the command line
Work with files from the bash shell prompt.
Managing local Linux users and groups
Manage Linux users and groups and administer local password policies.
Controlling access to files with Linux file system permissions
Set access permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Managing SELinux security
Use SELinux to manage access to files and interpret and troubleshoot SELinux security effects.
Monitoring and managing Linux processes
Monitor and control processes running on the system.
Installing and updating software packages
Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Controlling services and daemons
Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Analyzing and storing logs
Locate and interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
Managing storage and file systems
Create and use disk partitions, logical volumes, file systems, and swap spaces.
Scheduling system tasks
Schedule recurring system tasks using cron and systemd timer units.
Mounting network file systems
Mount network file system (NFS) exports and server message block (SMB) shares from network file servers.
Limiting network communication with firewalld
Configure a basic local firewall.
Virtualization and kickstart
Manage KVMs and install them with Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart.
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's