Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Empower your organization by utilizing self-service BI platforms to work with data analytics and gain access to critical business information. In this big data training course, you will develop visualizations from data models that use real-time data, build and publish interactive dashboards with Tableau, and gain exposure to a broad range of data sources, including big data frameworks.
- Create interactive visualizations to deliver business insights
- Extract business intelligence by adding value to your data
- Integrate data from multiple heterogeneous sources
- Generate Tableau maps for geographical data
- Share a story using dashboards to highlight your discoveries
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Getting Started with Tableau
Employing visual analysis and analytics
- Appreciating the impact of Big Data on visualization
- Handling large volumes of data
- Presenting visualizations to analysts and business users
- Utilizing the Tableau interface components
- Distinguishing measures and dimensions
- Generating basic visualizations
Data Visualizations for Business Intelligence
Accessing a single data source
- Extracting data from Excel and text files
- Pulling data from Microsoft Access
Working with marks and views
- Applying different Views for finding value
- Categorizing data with Marks
- Constructing a histogram
- Filtering to reduce volume of data
- Sorting to impose order
- Organizing data by grouping
Loading Data into Tableau
Modifying the Tableau data schema
- Declaring data types
- Aliasing column headings
- Resolving issues with the Data Interpreter
- Contrasting live connections versus extracts
Importing from multiple data sources
- Reading Excel and text files
- Integrating a Microsoft Access table
- Executing a database join
Connecting to an enterprise database
- Selecting data from a relational database
- Consuming data from a big data framework
Combining data with joins and blends
- Joining heterogeneous tables
- Integrating sources by blending data
Building Advanced Visualizations
Leveraging visualization techniques
- Generating Crosstabs and Pivot Tables
- Establishing hierarchies and drilling down
- Defining sets and subsets
- Dividing the view into pages
- Slicing a view with filers
- Specifying data with a selector
Charting with advanced features
- Reviewing available chart templates
- Employing combination charts
- Exploiting trends and moving averages
Leveraging Table Calculations
- Formulating a calculation to enhance data
- Identifying calculation types
- Implementing quick table calculations
- Editing table calculations for a refined data view
- Creating level of detail calculations
Representing Locations with Tableau Maps
Mapping geographic data
- Plotting latitude and longitude
- Adding points manually
Surveying map types
- Categorizing with the symbol map and filled map
- Customizing regions with polygon maps
- Assembling dashboards from views
- Linking the views for interaction
Narrating a story
- Illustrating discoveries with a story
- Capturing story points within the dashboards
- Sharing your workbook
- Publishing to the cloud
- Deploying your workbook to Tableau Server
- Administering the server
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's