Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Prevent data breaches and better protect your organization from social engineers by understanding their motivations and methods. In this training course, you learn how to secure and mitigate information leaks, implement techniques to verify identity, establish strict verification policies, and defend against social engineering attacks that threaten organizational security.
- Defend against social engineering deceptions that threaten organizational security
- Plan and evaluate security assessments for human weaknesses
- Promote vigilance and implement procedures to defeat deceptions
- Mitigate personnel vulnerabilities with security awareness
- Measure your organization’s preparedness for attacks
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Social Engineering
Evaluating the organizational risks
- Assessing social engineering threats
- Analyzing classic case studies
Thinking like a social engineer
- Considering attack frameworks
- Reviewing the methods of manipulation
- Examining legal issues and social concerns
Gathering Information and Intelligence
Identifying information sources
- Gathering information passively and actively
- Leveraging social media
- Exploiting Google hacking
Collecting target information
- Ripping information from sites with theHarvester
- Dumpster diving for secrets and intelligence
- Profiling users for weaknesses
Minimizing information leaks
- Securing information leaks
- Implementing secure disposal policies
- Pinpointing reconnaissance probes
Identifying Communication Models
Profiling an information architecture
- Implementing the Berlo communication model
- Determining communication weaknesses
Addressing communication flaws
- Verifying the source
- Securing the information channel
Assessing Elicitation Methods
Drawing out information
- Soliciting information
- Interview techniques
- Identifying elicitation tactics and goals
Mitigating information leaks
- Maintaining situational awareness
- Implementing scripted responses
Gaining Physical Access
Circumventing physical security
- Identifying weak types of locks
- Bypassing electronic access controls
Securing the environment
- Implementing high security locks
- Preventing lock bumping
Impersonating Authorized Personnel
Gaining access with a disguise
- Identifying spoofing techniques
- Discovering change blindness deception
- Assessing Internet impersonation techniques
Defending against impersonation and forgery
- Implementing techniques to verify identity
- Avoiding skimmers and hidden technology threats
Employing Psychology for Persuasion
Examining human weaknesses
- Leveraging Cialdini?s motivation factors
- Identifying mindlessness dangers
- Exploring commitment and consistency vulnerability
- Exploiting social proofing
- Taking advantage of implied authority
- Demanding action with "quid pro quo"
Bolstering resistance to persuasion
- Adhering to policy and rules
- Recognizing risky situations
- Learning to interpret and then recognize
Implementing Management Countermeasures
Assessing social engineering vulnerabilities
- Conducting a penetration test
- Creating a scope of work
- Mitigating legal issues and embarrassment
Creating comprehensive policies
- Establishing verification policies
- Regulating the use of social networks
- Delivering effective security awareness training
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's