|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
VMware vSphere is a server virtualization platform from VMware. VMware vSphere debuted in 2009 as the successor to the company's flagship VMware Infrastructure solution, and it serves as a complete platform for implementing and managing virtual machine (VM) infrastructure on a large scale. As for this advanced level course , it covers everything students need to know about the VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x to vSphere 5.5 Upgrade and New Technology Ultimate Bootcamp. Students will learn about vSphere 5.1 & 5.5, upgrading or migrating to vSphere 5.5, virtual machine enhancements, managing vSphere 5.x administration, networking, storage, availability, and security enhancements. The students will learn the different options to perform the upgrade to vSphere 5.5 from different vSphere versions including 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and then, after upgrading vCenter, will upgrade their ESXi host and Virtual Machines to version 5.5. Finally, students will cover all of the new features in vSphere 5.5.
The average salary for a Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 5.1 and 5.5
- Complete discussion of Single Sign On server (SSO)
- Upgrade a deployment from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.5
- Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client to manage vSphere 5.5
- List and describe key networking enhancements, including the new features in vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS)
- Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere® VMFS-5 datastore
- Understand and configure policy-driven storage
- Create a datastore cluster and configure Storage DRS
- Live migration of a virtual machine without shared storage
- Utilizing Flash Read Cache to enhance Virtual Machine performance
- Secure the virtual machines using VMware® vShield Endpoint™ (now included in base vSphere product)
- Backup and recover a vSphere environment using the new vSphere Data Protection
- Replicate virtual machines using the new vSphere Replication
- Use new displays to monitor VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster activity
- Linux-based VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™ & SSO
- Discuss new features of Auto Deploy to install a stateless or stateful ESXi host
- Provide Traffic Filtering through use of ACLs for Network Traffic
- And many, many other new features and enhancements
This course is intended for:
- VMware administrator
- Students should have 1-3 year experience as a VMware vSphere administrator using VMware vSphere 4.x/5.x, be familiar with virtual technologies and have sat a VMware vSphere training program, or VMTraining vSphere Ultimate Bootcamp, or equivalent within the last year. Students MUST know the vSphere 4.x product line or they will need to have taken one of the other full vSphere 4.x classes instead.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course 01 - Course Introduction and Methodology
- Course 02 - Overview of vSphere 5.1 & 5.5
- Course 03 - Upgrading to vSphere 5.5
- Course 04 - Virtual Machine Enhancements
- Course 05 - Managing vSphere 5.x Administration
- Course 06 - Networking
- Course 07 - Storage
- Course 08 - Availability
- Course 09 - Security Enhancements
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||6 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses:
Prior to taking this course, you may want to look into the following prerequisite courses: