VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage v6.x (VMW-ICM6)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course you will get a solid understanding about administering VMware vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size and forms the foundation for most other VMware technologies. You will learn about install , Configure, Manage features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere 6. This course will prepare you for the certification of VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
The average salary of Vmware Administrator is $79,681 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter Server™ Appliance™
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, virtual SAN, and Virtual Volumes
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Describe and use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
- Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual
machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
The VMware vSphere is ideal for those working in roles such as:
• System administrators.
• Systems engineers.
• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Lesson 2: Software-Defined Data Center
- Introduce components of the software-defined data center
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Install and use vSphere Client
- Overview of ESXi
Lesson 3: Creating Virtual Machines
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Create and work with virtual machines
Lesson 4: vCenter Server
- Introduce the vCenter Server architecture
- Deploy and configure vCenter Server Appliance
- Install and use vSphere Web Client
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Explain the benefits of Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
Lesson 5: Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe, create, and manage standard switches
- Describe and modify standard switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
- Create, configure, and manage vSphere distributed switches, network connections, and port groups
Lesson 6: Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
- Introduce storage protocols and storage device names
- Discuss ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Introduce VMware Virtual SAN?
Lesson 7: Virtual Machine Management
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Create a vApp
- Introduce the various types of content libraries and how to deploy and use them
Lesson 8: Resource Management and Monitoring
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Use vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms to monitor resource usage
- Create and use alarms to report certain conditions or events
- Introduce vRealize Operations Manager for data center monitoring and management
Lesson 9: vSphere HA and vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Explain the vSphere HA architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Use vSphere HA advanced parameters
- Introduce vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Enable vSphere Fault Tolerance on virtual machines
- Introduce vSphere Replication
- Use vSphere Data Protection to back up and restore data
Lesson 10: Host Scalability
- Describe the functions of a vSphere DRS cluster
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster
- Work with affinity and anti-affinity rules
- Use vSphere HA and vSphere DRS together
Lesson 11: vSphere Update Manager and Host Maintenance
- Use vSphere Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vSphere Update Manager and the vSphere Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
- Scan and remediate hosts
Lesson 12: Installing VMware Components
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduce vCenter Server deployment options
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Discuss installation of vCenter Server Appliance and a vCenter Server instance
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's