70-740 - Installation Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
This 70740 course is an intermediate level certification which will provide you information about the terminology, concepts, and technology that is covered within the initial three exams designed for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 MCSA certification. It is intended for those IT Professionals, who have a little bit of experience working with the Windows Server. The course is intended to be undertaken by those IT professionals who are tasked with managing the storage and compute via Windows Server 2016, and thus, need in depth understanding and knowledge of the scenarios, storage and compute options as well as requirements which are applicable and available to Windows Server 2016. This course will help students in preparing for the Microsoft 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 exam.
On average, a Windows Server Administrator can earn up to $69,077/- per annum.
One the course is complete, candidates will be able to;
- Prepare as well as install Nano Server; which is a server core installation, and plan for server upgrades along with migration strategy
- Explain the different types of storage options, such as basic and dynamic disks, partition table format, virtual hard disks, file systems, and drive hardware, and describe the process of managing disks and volumes.
- Explain what enterprise storage solutions are, and how appropriate solutions can be selected for any given situation.
- Deploy and manage Data Duplication and Storage Spaces
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V as well as configure virtual machines
- Understand the process of implementing, configuring, as well as managing Hyper-V and Windows containers
- Explain disaster recovery and high availability technologies available in Windows Server 2016
- Understand the process of planning, developing, as well as managing a failover cluster
- Deploy failover cluster for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Understand the process of developing as well as managing implementation images
- Understand the process of configuring NLB (Network Load Balancing) cluster, and planning for NLB deployment.
- Understand the process of managing, monitoring, as well as maintaining the installation of virtual machines.
This course is intended to be undertaken by;
- IT Professionals, having minimal experience of using Windows Server, and wish to upgrade their skill set through a short course which covers the storage and computer technologies available in Windows Server 2016. Through this course, they can become upgrade their skill set and knowledge.
- Windows Server Administrators who are new to the Windows Server administration as well as related technologies, and thereby, wish to increase their knowledge of storage and compute features available in Windows Server 2016.
Prior to enrolling in this course, candidates should have the following;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fundamentals of networking
- Understanding and awareness of security industry best practices
- Basic understanding and knowledge of AD DS concepts
- Basic knowledge and understanding of server hardware
- Experience of configuring as well as supporting client operating systems of Windows like Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Following are the course which are recommended for a candidate to have completed prior to enrolling in this course;
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Chapter 01 - Installing Windows Servers in Host and Computer Environments
- Chapter 02 - Implementing Local and Enterprise Storage Solutions
- Chapter 03 - Implementing Hyper-V Virtualization
- Chapter 04 - Implementing Windows Containers
- Chapter 05 - Implementing High Availability
- Chapter 06 - Maintaining and Monitoring Server Environments
- Course Conclusion
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||10 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.