About this course:
The course is a mid-level certification, which aims to prepare you for the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 MCSA certification. This course will walk a student through all the concepts, terms, and technologies important for you to pass the exam successfully. With 70-740, a candidate can easily cover the three initial phases.
IT professionals with experience of working in a Windows Server environment are the main candidates for this course. These individuals should be responsible for managing and computing data with Windows Server 2016 so that they require a clear understanding of applicable concepts.
This course will ensure complete preparation of an individual for the Microsoft 70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 exam.
A Windows Server Administrator earns $69,077 on average per year.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Prepare and install Nano server; including the server core installation and all the required upgrades and mitigation strategies for potential threats
- Describe storage options – basic, dynamic discs, partition table format, file systems, drive hardware, and virtual hard disks – and their process of management
- Explain and describe storage solutions and their appropriate applications
- Deployment and management of Data Duplication and Storage Solutions
- Installation and configuration of both Microsoft Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Fully understand the implementation, configuration, and management of Hyper-V and Windows
- Explain and create an action plan for disaster recovery and high availability technology for Windows Server 2016
- Have strong concepts of the planning and developing phase of a failover cluster
- Deploy failover cluster for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Full knowledge of management and development of implementation images
- Discuss the process of configuration of Network Load Balancing in detail including cluster, planning, and deployment
- Manage, monitor and maintain virtual machines and their installation
The target audience for this course is:
- IT professionals, who have basic experience of working with the Windows Server and are now looking to upgrade their existing skillset
- IT professionals who are looking for short courses for storage and other computer technologies in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Administrators who are relatively new to the field, and therefore, wish to learn before starting their practice
- Before enrolling for the course, students should fulfill the following criteria:
- Beginner level understanding and skills of networking fundamentals
- Students should be aware of and understand the best practices of cybersecurity
- The basic concept of AD DS
- Familiarity and understanding of server hardware
- Some experience of managing and configuring client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10
Suggested prerequisites courses:
We recommend you to take the following courses before enrolling in 70-740: