About this course:
The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) v1.0 course prepares you for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, which will get you associate-level network automation engineer roles.
The course gives you hands-on experience solving real world problems using Cisco Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and modern development tools. More importantly, it will help you learn to implement basic network applications using Cisco platforms as a base, and how to implement automation workflows across network, security, collaboration, and computing infrastructure.
You will be able to take the the DevNet Associate (200-901 DEVASC) exam, passing which will get you Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
Take this course to be able to:
- Describe the importance of APIs and use of version control tools in modern software development
- Describe HTTP concepts and how they apply to network-based APIs
- Describe options for organizing and constructing modular software
- Describe common processes and practices used in software development
- Describe Cisco platforms and their capabilities
- Apply Representational State Transfer (REST) concepts to integration with HTTP-based APIs
- Describe programmability features of different Cisco platforms
- Describe interaction of applications with the network and tools used for troubleshooting issues
- Describe basic networking concepts and interpret simple network topology
- Apply concepts of model-driven programmability to automate common tasks with Python scripts
- Identify common application deployment models and components in the development pipeline
- Utilize tools to automate infrastructure through scripting and model-driven programmability
- Describe common security concerns and types of tests, and utilize containerization for local development
This course is designed for anyone who works in a developer role and has one or more years of hands-on experience on top Cisco platforms, developing and maintaining applications.
The course is appropriate for software developers, application developers, and network engineers who want to expand their skill base and validate their skills in programmability, software, and automation. The material will also be valuable for students preparing for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
The job roles best suited to the material in this course are:
- Network automation engineer
- Software developer
- System integration programmer
Additional job roles that might be interested:
There are no formal prerequisites for Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
And before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Hands-on experience with a programming language (specifically Python)
Here are Cisco learning resources that can help you prepare:
- Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE)
- Explore the DevNet Certification area for specific topics and labs related to this course and certification: https://developer.cisco.com/certification