Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
ITIL Foundation is the entry level certification, providing general awareness of the key elements, terminology and concepts of ITIL®. This course also covers the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
The IT Service Management Foundation is a course intended to introduce students to the essential concepts associated with the ITIL® and prepare students to take the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination. ITIL is a set of books that provide comprehensive and interrelated codes of practice in achieving the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services. The ITIL Foundation Certificate Examination tests the student for an essential level of understanding of ITIL concepts. This course also prepares the students for the ITIL Foundation Certification exam.
The average salary for a ITIL Foundation certified is $75,000 per year.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define the concept of a service, and to comprehend and explain the concept of service management as a practice.
- The ITIL service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the value of the ITIL service lifecycle, how the processes integrate with each other, throughout the lifecycle. and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase in the lifecycle.
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of service management and to balance some of the opposing forces within service management.
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how the service management processes contribute to the ITIL service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core processes, and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- Selected roles (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to explain the role, objectives and organizational structures of the service desk function, and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
- Selected functions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to account for and to be aware of the responsibilities of some of the key roles in service management
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how service automation assists with integrating service management processes.
- Competence and training (Awareness – not examinable)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand the levels of competence and skills for service management, the competence and skills framework and training requirements.
- 2 ITIL Expert Credits
- 18 PDU Credits
The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners. IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
- There are basically no prerequisites for ITIL Foundations. Actually, ITIL Foundations certification is in itself a prerequisite for other level of ITIL certifications. The primary reason for taking this certification is to have basic mandatory understanding of ITIL terminologies and ITIL as a whole. So, the basic prerequisite for this ITIL Foundations certification is the understanding of ITIL keywords and terminology. After gaining enough information and knowledge regarding the subject you have to give an examination and pass the examination for that matter.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Course registrations and introductions
- Service management as a practice
- ITIL and the service lifecycle
- Assignment 1 and review
- Service strategy introduction
- Service strategy processes
- Assignment 2 and review
- Service design introduction
- Service design processes
- Recap and service design processes (continued)
- Assignment 3 and review
- Service transition introduction
- Service transition processes
- Assignment 4 and review
- Service operation introduction
- Service operation functions
- Service operation processes
- Introduce sample questions
- Assignment 5 and review
- Continual service improvement
- ITIL® Foundation Certificate
- ILFN Course Overview v6.6 Page 6 of 6 © Fox IT SM 2016 unless otherwise stated
- Assignment 6 and review
- Technology and Architecture
- Process interfaces and course summary
- Exam technique
- Sample paper B and review and revision
- Exam registration and Foundation Exam
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's