NetApp Data Protection Administration (NA-DATAPROT)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course, backup and restore operations are taught using the NetApp storage system command line and OnCommand System Manager. The course also provides an overview of the Data ONTAP 8.3 MetroCluster solution.
In this NetApp training course, you will be taught how to run the backup and restoring operations using the NetApp storage system command line and the OnCommand System Manager. Other than that, you will also have an overview of what the Data ONTAP 8.3 MetroCluster solution is.
The average salary for Data Protection Administrator is $120,000 per year.
A Data Protection Administrator racks up $120,000 on average every year.
Describe NetApp protection technology and the NetApp integrated data-protection solutions that are supported in Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
Get to know all about NetApp protection technology and the NetApp integrated data-protection solutions which are supported by Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3.
Design, implement and manage Snapshot copies
Learn to design, implement, and manage Snapshot copies
Design, implement and manage Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 SnapMirror replication
Perfect how to design, implement, and run Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 SnapMirror replication
Design, implement and manage Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 SnapVault replication
Understand what goes into designing, implementing, and managing the Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 SnapVault replication
Use OnCommand System Manager to set up and manage backup and restore operations
Learn how to correctly set up, and manage backup and restore operations with the use of OnCommand System Manager
Understand how to implement the NDMP protocol in Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
Master the methods of implementing the NDMP protocol in Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
NetApp customers, partners, and employees
Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3 Administration (D8CADM)
Data ONTAP Cluster-Mode Fundamentals (WBT)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Data Protection Technologies
- Data Protection
- NetApp Management Technologies
- Additional Storage Technologies
- MetroCluster and Data Protection
Module 2: Data Protection with NetApp Snapshot Copies
- Data Protection with NetApp Snapshot Copies
- Snapshot Copy Design Criteria
- Implementing a Snapshot Copy Solution
- Monitoring and Managing Snapshot Copies
- Restoring Data from Snapshot Copies
- Snapshot Copy Advanced Topics
Module 3: NetApp Replication Technologies
- Data ONTAP Replication Technology
- Design Criteria for SnapVault and SnapMirror Relationships
- Policies and Volume Types
- Implementing Cluster and SVM Peering
- Initial Transfer and Updates
Module 4: Using SnapMirror for Data Protection
- SnapMirror Technology
- Implementing SnapMirror Relationships
- SnapMirror Failover and Resync
- SnapMirror Advance Topics
Module 5: SnapVault Backup and Recovery
- SnapVault Technology
- Implementing SnapVault
- Restoring Data SnapVault
- SnapVault Advanced Topics
- Monitoring and Managing SnapVault and SnapMirror
Module 6: Data Protection using NDMP
- NDMP Technology
- Design Criteria for NDMP Solutions
- Managing Node-Scoped NDMP
- Managing SVM-Scoped NDMP
Appendix A Open Systems SnapVault
- Open Systems SnapVault Fundamentals
- Open Systems SnapVault Features
- Open Systems SnapVault Deployment
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting
- Prepare the storage environment on Cluster1 and Cluster2
- Create a job schedule
- Create a Snapshot policy
- Assign a Snapshot policy to a FlexVol volume
- Restore volume data from Snapshot copies
- Restore previous versions
- Configure network connectivity to allow cluster peering
- Configure Cluster peering
- Create a volume to be used for a SnapMirror source
- Create a SnapMirror relationship
- Verify data transfer
- Simulate a source volume failure
- Break the SnapMirror relationship
- Perform a SnapMirror reverse resynchronization
- Restore the original SnapMirror relationship
- Create a new FlexVol volume on a destination SVM
- Create a new schedule on Cluster2
- Create a SnapShot policy on the source SVM and volume
- Create a SnapVault policy on the destination SVM
- Create the SnapVault relationship and perform an initial transfer
- Confirm the SnapVault data transfer
- Perform a manual SnapVault update
- Restore SnapVault data
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt