VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this Course:
This two-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing and configuring VMware Horizon® through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™, VMware Unified Access Gateway™ and how to establish Cloud Pod Architecture.
- Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements.
- Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment.
- Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ and Horizon 8.
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon.
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in Horizon 8.
- Discuss scalability options available in Horizon 8.
- Describe different security options for the Horizon environment
- Administrators and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and administration of an organization's end-user computing infrastructure.
Students attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database