Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This ITIL Foundation Certification training course is where you can start your journey into the realm of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library). ITIL is the most recognized Service Management framework in IT. It consists of five core disciplines that provide recommendations on:
1) Service Strategy 2) Service Design 3) Service Transition 4) Service Operation 5) Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service lifecycle framework that enables IT to better align to the business and solve specific operational needs. ITIL is not about creating things like projects do, it’s about delivering IT services that demonstrate real value to the organization.
In this ITIL Foundation course, you gain an essential understanding of the ITIL framework as well as the best practices to more effectively manage IT service delivery to customers. This three-day course taught by real-world ITIL practitioners will provide the knowledge needed to pass the ITIL foundation certification exam, two credits towards ITIL Expert certification, and entry points to more advanced ITIL courses.
- Prepare for and pass the ITIL Foundation certification exam
- Identify opportunities to develop IT processes using ITIL guidelines
- Interact with IT teams using ITIL terminology and concepts
- Explore IT service management processes
- Recognize the importance of IT and business integration
- Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification
- Those interested in controlling IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources
- All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions
- Before your event, you will be sent the ITIL Foundation Handbook and a Pre-Course Study Guide, which will let you know which parts of the ITIL Foundation Handbook you should study before class
- To prepare you for the exam, homework and study assignments will be provided each night of the course
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Service Management as a Practice
Concepts of IT service management
- The efficient development of new services and the improvement of existing services
- Good practice
- Functions, roles and processes
The service lifecycle
- Design, development and utilization of services
- Utility and warranty
- Service design and the business
- IT and the business integration
ITIL Service Lifecycle
The five core processes
- Service strategy
- Service design
- Service transition
- Service operation
- Continual service improvement
The value of the ITIL service lifecycle
- Integrating the processes throughout the lifecycle
- Explaining the objectives and scope for each phase
ITIL Core Concepts
Identifying and documenting the services
- Service portfolio
- Service catalog
- Business case
- Service provider
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Operational Level Agreement (OLA)
Optimizing the infrastructure
- Service request
- Change and release
- Event, alert and incident
- Known error and Known Error Database (KEDB)
- Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS)
ITIL Key Principles and Models
Value-creation through services
- Balancing opposing forces
- Management information systems and tools
Exploring the importance of people, processes, products and partners
- Critical success factors
- Measurement methods and metrics
- Service portfolio management
- Financial management for IT services
- Business relationship management
- Service Level Management (SLM)
- Design coordination
- Service catalog management
- Supplier management
- Risk assessment and IT service continuity management
- Defining the scope of information security management
- Capacity management
- Availability management
- Business value, asset and configuration management
- Explaining the objectives of change management
- Knowledge management
- Transition planning
- Release and deployment management
- Process activities of incident and problem management
- Request fulfillment
- Stating the purpose of event and access management
Continual service improvement
- The seven-step improvement process
- The Deming Cycle (plan, do, check, act)
- Critical Success Factors (CSF) and KPIs
- Types of metrics
Service Management Functions and Roles
Outlining IT organization functions
- Service desk function
- IT operations function
- Technical management function
- The application management function
Defining service roles
- The responsibilities of key roles in service management
- Process owner
- Service owner
- Process manager
- Process practitioner
- Recognizing the RACI responsibility model and its role in determining organizational structure
- How service automation assists with integrating service management processes
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's