Certified Incident Handling Engineer (CIHE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The Certified Incident Handling Engineer vendor-neutral certification is designed to help Incident Handlers, System Administrators, and any General Security Engineers understand how to plan, create and utilize their systems in order to prevent, detect and respond to attacks. In this in-depth training, students will learn step-by-step approaches used by hackers globally, the latest attack vectors and how to safeguard against them, Incident Handling procedures (including developing the process from start to finish and establishing your Incident Handling team), strategies for each type of attack, recovering from attacks and much more. Furthermore, students will enjoy numerous hands-on laboratory exercises that focus on topics, such as reconnaissance, vulnerability assessments using Nessus, network sniffing, web application manipulation, malware and using Netcat plus several additional scenarios for both Windows and Linux systems. Graduates of the mile2 Certified Incident Handling Engineer training obtain real world security knowledge that enables them to recognize vulnerabilities, exploit system weaknesses and help safeguard against threats. This course covers the same objectives as the SANS® Security 504 training and prepares students for the GCIH® and CIHE certifications.
The Certified Incident Handling Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”)
The average salary for Incident Handling Engineer is $76,133 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Have knowledge to detect security threats, risk, and weaknesses.
- Have knowledge to plan for prevention, detection, and responses to security breaches.
- Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations.
- Be ready to sit for the C)IHE Certification Exam
- The CIHE course is an incident handling course that teaches students how to plan for, detect, and respond to security breaches. In order to do this effectively we require students to understand the material in our CISSO: Information Systems Security Office course. If you have taken the course or have equivalent experience/knowledge, you'll be able to learn the art of incident handling in the CIHE course.
- A minimum of 12 months' experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of networking
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module I - Incident Handling Explained
- Module II - Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Module III – Preparation
- Module IV - First Response
- Module V – Containment
- Module VI – Eradication
- Module VII – Recovery
- Module VIII - Follow-Up
- Module I Lab - Attacks Under The Microscope
- Module II Lab - Ticketing System
- Module III Lab - SysInternals Suite
- Module IV Lab - Examine System Active processes
- Final Scenario – 4 hours
- Advanced Module I Lab - Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Advanced Module II Lab - Log File Analysis: Analyzing a Shell History File
- Advanced Module III Lab – Log File Analysis: Searching Attacks in your Apache Logs
- Advanced Module III Lab - Rootkits and Botnets: How to Crash your Roommate's Windows 7 PC
- Advanced Module III Lab - Rootkits and Botnets: Exploit MS Word to Embed a Listener
- Advanced Module III Lab - Rootkits and Botnets: Zeus Trojan
- Advanced Module IV Lab - Artifact Analysis: Processing and Storing Artifacts
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's