Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Certified Information Systems Security Officer certification training was a direct initiative of the DND – Department of National Defence of Canada in cooperation with the DOD – Department of Defense of the United States The CDRSN National Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is the focal point for all security issues pertaining to this network. The Director Information Management Security (DIMSECUR) is the DND authority for security assessment of the CDRSN, including the approval of Interim Authority to Process (IAP) and Authority to Communicate. The CISSO addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security manager/officer. The candidate will learn in-depth theory pertaining to the practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance in the full panorama of IS management. Through the use of a risk-based approach, the CISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are closely aligned with both business and industry standards. Whether you’re responsible for the management of a Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the C)ISSO certification course is an ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise, and skill. Upon completion, Certified Information Systems Security Officer students will not only be able to establish industry acceptable Cyber Security & IS management standards with current best practices but also be prepared to competently take the CISSO exam.
The Certified Information Systems Security Officer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”)
The average salary for Certified Information Systems Security Officer is $82,942 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Have knowledge to detect security threats and risk
- Have knowledge to design a security solution to mitigate risk and threats
- Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations
- Be ready to sit for the CISSO Exam
This course is intended for:
- Security Analyst/Consultant
- Director of Security
- Security Architect
- IT Management
- Security Auditor
- Chief Information Security Officer
- 1 year experience in at least 2 modules or
- 1 year in IS management
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 - Risk Management
- Module 2 – Security Management
- Module 3 - Identification and Authentication
- Module 4 - Access Control
- Module 5 - Security Models and Evaluation Criteria
- Module 6 - Operations Security
- Module 7 - Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 8 - Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 9 - Network Connections
- Module 10 - Network Protocols and Devices
- Module 11 - Telephony, VPNs, and Wireless
- Module 12 - Security Architecture and Attacks
- Module 13 - Software Development Security
- Module 14 - Database Security and System Development
- Module 15 - Malware and Software Attacks
- Module 16 - Disaster Recovery
- Module 18 - Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Module 19 - Physical Security
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's