Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO)
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
The CISSO addresses the broad range of industry best practices, knowledge and skills expected of a security leader. The candidate will learn both the theory and the requirements for practical implementation of core security concepts, practices, monitoring and compliance. Through the use of a risk-based approach, a CISSO is able to implement and maintain cost-effective security controls that are aligned with business requirements.
Whether you are responsible for the management of a Cyber Security team, a Security Officer, an IT auditor or a Business Analyst, the CISSO course is the ideal way to increase your knowledge, expertise, skill, and credibility.
The CISSO program standards are closely aligned with those of the ISO27001, NIST, CISM® and the CISSP® CBK® exam objectives. The CISSO excels by providing a well-rounded, comprehensive overview of essential security topics.
- Have knowledge to detect security threats and risk
- Have knowledge to design a security solution to mitigate risk and threats
- Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations
- Be ready to sit for the CISSO Exam
- Security Analyst/Consultant
- Director of Security
- Security Architect
- IT Management
- Security Auditor
- Chief Information Security Officer
The CISSO course is a security leadership course designed for those who already know a little bit about security. We recommend a knowledge of what is covered in our CSS: Certified Security Sentinel course as a prerequisite.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
With 19 up-to-date modules, the CISSO covers not only the critical skills you need to help your business prevent a cyber security breach but also how to detect and respond if one takes place.
The CISSO is comprised of 19 modules.
- Risk Management
- Identification and Authentication
- Access Control
- Security Models
- Evaluation Criteria
- Operations Security
- Symmetric Cryptography and Hashing
- Asymmetric Cryptography and PKI
- Network Connections
- Network Protocols and Devices
- Telephony, VPNs and Wireless
- Security Architecture and Attacks
- Software Development Security
- Database Security and Development
- Malware and Software Attacks
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Management, Law, and Ethics
- Physical Security
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|