Certified Virtual Desktop Engineer (C)VFE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course takes two enormously challenging areas facing IT security professionals today: incidence response and virtualization and attempts to meld these together. Forensics is at the heart of incidence response, and therefore this training will focus on how to gather evidence relating to an incident – the what, when, where, who and why of anincident – within today’s common virtual
environments. Additionally, the course will take a deep dive into the virtual infrastructure, and contrast the various virtual entities against their physical counterparts. This will allow a clear demonstration of the forensically-relevant differences between the virtual and physical environments.
The course uses a lab-centric, scenario-based approach to demonstrate how to forensically examine relevant components of a virtual infrastructure for specific use cases. This course also prepares the students for the C)VFE Exam.
The average salary for Virtualization Desktop Engineer is $63,383 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identifying direct evidence of a crime
- Attributing evidence to specific suspects
- Confirming (or negating) suspect alibis
- Confirming (or negating) suspect statements
- Determining (or negating) suspect intent
- Identifying sources
- Authenticating documents
This course is intended for:
- Virtual infrastructure specialists(Architects, engineers, Administrators), Forensic investigators Forensic investigators
- Must have a Digital or Computer Forensics Certification or equivalent knowledge
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 – Digital Forensics – the what, where, when, how and why
- Module 2 – Virtual InfrastructureModule 3 – Forensic Investigation Process
- Module 4 – VI Forensics Scenario 1: Identifying direct evidence of a crime
- Module 5 – VI Forensics Scenario 2: Attributing Evidence to Specific Requests
- Module 6 – VI Forensics Scenario 3: Confirming (or negating) suspect alibis
- Module 7 – VI Forensics Scenario 4: Confirming (or negating) suspect statements
- Module 8 – VI Forensics Scenario 5: Determining (or negating) suspect intent
- Module 9 - VI Forensics Scenario 6: Identifying sources
- Module 10 – VI Forensics Scenario 7: Authenticating documents
- Module 11 – Putting it all together – Course Summary
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's