Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The Cloud is being widely adopted today for a diverse set of reasons! But why? What can we expect? How is it implemented? Is it secure? There are many additional questions that can be asked related to this fast adoption of cloudofferings. We see anything from the ease of sharing documents with co-workers to the use of a cloud access security broker to supply enforcement of our security policies for many cloud based implementations.This course will begin by providing the necessary architecture components to help us understand what technologies are being used under the hood, so that we can make informed decisions when choosing a cloud vendor. We will then look at different types of cloud products, how they work, what they can do for us and how we can make informed decisions on benefits of migrating to the cloud. We will also discuss the negatives, as there are many times one should not move to the cloud with certain types of data or when costs are too high. We will spend a lot of time on understanding security as it relates to our data and include discussions on agreements with cloud vendors. This is a well-rounded course that will meet the needs of any individual or organization that is considering a move to the cloud or has been there and is not sure why. This course also prepares the students for C)VE exam and CompTIA Cloud+.
The average salary for IT Administrator is $60,440 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- To get ahead of the competition
- To make the right decision in adopting a cloud technology, including the pros and cons of each
- To fully understand the underlying technologies used in the cloud implementations
- To receive the hands-on experience needed with practical cloud implementations
- To comprehend the industry security standards in the cloud
- To better understand all the different types of cloud vendors and where they might benefit the company
This course is intended for:
- IT Managers, IT Consultants, Solutions Architects, IT Administrators, IT Developers, IT Analysts, and anyone that needs a general understanding of Cloud Implementations
- General understanding of internet and web technologies; General understanding with network and storage concepts
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 : Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Module 2 : Technologies used Under the Hood
- Module 3 : Virtualization Overview
- Module 4 : Risk, Compliance Governance
- Module 5 : Technical Components of Cloud Security
- Module 6 : Cloud Management and Operations
- Lab 1: Cloud Migration Evaluation
- Lab 2: SaaS implementation with Salesforce
- Lab 3: PaaS implementation with Microsoft Azure
- Lab 4: Virtualization 101 with VMware vSphere
- Lab 5: Networking at the virtual Layer with VMware vSphere
- Lab 6: Networking at the cloud layer with Microsoft Azure
- Lab 7: Storage at the virtual layer with VMware vSphere
- Lab 8: Storage at the cloud layer with Microsoft Azure
- Lab 9: Resource Management with VMware vSphere
- Lab 10: Resource Management with Microsoft Azure
- Lab 11: Cloud Business Driver Audit Exercise
- Lab 12: Service Level Agreement (SLA) Compliance
- Lab 13: Basic Data Center Operations in Microsoft Azure
- Lab 14: Network Security in Microsoft Azure
- Lab 15: Storage Security in Microsoft Azure
- Lab 16: Encryption in Microsoft Azure
- Lab 17: Identity and Access Management in Microsoft Azure
- Lab 18: Hardening VMs with VMware vSphere
- Lab 19: Interoperability and Portability with Microsoft Azure
- Lab 20: Business Continuity with Microsoft Azure
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's