Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Topics explored in the class include the setup and maintenance of many of the most popular network services available for Linux and Unix today, including servers for DNS, LDAP, Web (HTTP, HTTPS), FTP, SMB (Windows networking), and email (SMTP, POP3, IMAP). Special attention is paid to the concepts needed to implement these services securely, and to the trouble-shooting skills which will be necessary for real-world administration of network services.
- Configure DNS and BIND to provide name resolution on a network.
- Configure OpenLDAP directory service.
- Configure Apache web server for both HTTP and HTTPS traffic.
- Configure squid proxy service.
- Configure Samba to mount Windows shared folders and access Windows shared printers.
- Configure sendmail for POP3 and IMAP4 clients, including spam filtering.
The target audience for this course is network administrators with responsibility for network services in a Linux environment.
- Completed L-100, Introduction to the Linux Operating System, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Completed L-250, Enterprise Linux Systems Administration, or have equivalent knowledge.
Individuals wishing to take this class should already have a solid grounding in Linux or UNIX concepts and basic systems administration. Fundamentals such as an understanding of the Linux filesystem, process management, and the ability to manipulate and edit files is considered a must and will not be covered in class. A good understanding of network concepts, and the TCP/IP protocol suite is also assumed.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- DNS history and theory
- The domain name space
- Delegation and Zones
- Resolving names and reverse lookups
- Configuring BIND named.conf
- Configuring BIND zones
- DNS heirarchies: subdomain delegation
- Securing BIND DNS
- BIND 9 Views
- Restricting queries
- Restricting zone transfers
- DDNS and nsupdate
- LDAP Directory services
- LDAP Schema
- Referenceing LDAP entries
- LDAP security
- Implementing OpenLDAP server
- Defining global parameters
- Restricting access
- Database configuration and indexing
- Querying LDAP databases
- HTTP theory
- Apache history and status
- Apache architecture
- Apache configuration files
- Using Apache modules
- Apache logs and analysis
- Apache virtual hosting
- Virtual host security issues
- Apache authentication
- Intro to cryptography
- Using HTTPS with Apache
- Dynamic content
- Extending Apache with PHP and Tomcat
- Dynamic content and security
- Implementing FTP services
- Configuring a squid proxy
- Squid ACLs, and hierarchies
- Bandwidth metering and monitoring
- Samba 3 foundation
- SMB protocol theory
- NetBIOS and NetBEUI
- NetBIOS naming
- SMB shares with Samba
- Mounting SMB shares on Linux
- Password encryption issues
- SMTP theory
- Implementing SMTP with Sendmail
- Sendmail configuration
- Sendmail ESMTP AUTH and encryption
- Implementing SMTP with Postfix
- Postfix configuration
- Postfix ESMTP AUTH and encryption
- Email services: POP3 and IMAP4
- Encrypting client access
- Spam and virus filtering
- Web mail client access
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's