Managing Enterprise Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.0 (NMENPI)
About this course
An efficient communication system within an enterprise is the key for any enterprise’s operational effectiveness. Enterprise networks are the specialized mechanisms, which connects the computers and related devices, along with workgroup networks resulting in greater data reach and ease of access. Enterprise network also go with the name of a corporate network, and perhaps the greatest all in one network solution consisting of wired and wireless network management of networks, devices, applications and users is provided by Cisco Prime Infrastructure. A unique one management process ensures Day 0 and 1 provisioning along with Day N assurance, which is connected between the branch and data center. By utilizing Prime Infrastructure v3.0, the 5-day extensive course teaches the students the art of operating a full range cisco wired and wireless infrastructure.
Students will be exposed to activities problems consisting of monitoring and troubleshooting of network, which will assist in the Application Visibility and Controlling capabilities of the prime infrastructure. Students will also experience a complete Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle to give students a sense of real life scenarios, which includes the creation of sites, maps, deployment of configurations, performance of device discovery as well as network troubleshooting and application issues.
The average salary for a Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
A successful completion of this cisco certification training will make students capable of:
Installing Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.1 in addition to detailing the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance and compliance features.
Understanding and applying the deployment procedure linked to Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Outline roles of workforce operations and various attributes of Cisco Prime
Monitor and oversee Cisco prime Infrastructure management attributes
Utilizing Prime Infrastructure to alter an extensive variety of reports along with performing problem isolation techniques.
Exploration of designing and pre installation tasks in the lifecycle phase.
Applying a variety of templates and understanding their procedures and capabilities
Execute essential setup and discovery tasks
Create observation templates and examine health and performance observation
The course is designed to facilitate in the setup, implementation, planning, troubleshooting and administration of cisco infrastructure through cisco prime infrastructure 3.0 specially for managers and administrators in their relevant fields including systems engineers, field engineers, security team members, network managers, technical support professionals and general administrators too.
Students are highly advised to have the following in order to get the most out of the course:
Management experience pertaining to wired and wireless networks and their specific terminologies
Adequate comprehension of CCNA-Route/Switch and CCNA-Wireless
Operational experience relating to the functionalities of Wireless Control System, CiscoWorks and Network Control System
Suggested prerequisites courses
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 v3.x (ICND1)
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 v3.x (ICND2)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Lesson 1: Defining Network Management
- Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Installing Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Hardware Challenge Lab 2: Review installation steps.
- Lesson 4: Getting Started with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 3: Operate GUI, CLI, and, setup and operate CLI backups.
- Lesson 5: Configuring Initial Server Settings
- Hardware Challenge Lab 4: Initial PI server configuration.
- Lesson 1: Populating the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 5: Populate the network inventory.
- Lesson 2: Managing the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 6: Manage the network Inventory
- Lesson 3: Managing Device Groups
- Hardware Challenge Lab 7: Manage groups
- Lesson 4: Managing the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 8: Manage device software images.
- Lesson 1: Managing Wireless Maps
- Hardware Challenge Lab 9: Manage wireless maps and discuss device naming conventions for auto generated maps.
- Lesson 2: Managing Network Topology Maps
- Hardware Challenge Lab 10: Manage network topology maps.
- Lesson 1: Managing Virtual Domains
- Lesson 2: Managing Local User Authentication and Authorization
- Lesson 3: Managing Remote AAA Mode Settings.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 11: Create a virtual domain and add an administrator.
- Lesson 1: Managing the Configuration Archive
- Hardware Challenge Lab 12: Manage the configuration archive.
- Lesson 2: Managing Configuration Templates for Wired Devices.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 13: Manage wired device templates
- Lesson 3: Managing Configurations for Wireless Devices
- Hardware Challenge Lab 14: Manage wireless device configuration.
- Lesson 4: Using Plug and Play
- Lesson 1: Compliance Prerequisites
- Lesson 2: Compliance Policies
- Lesson 3: Compliance Audit and Fix Jobs
- Hardware Challenge Lab 15: Prepare Compliance Policies and Profiles, Run an Audit Job, Review Audit output report, and, Correct Failures with a FIX job. Generate and review PSIRT, EoX, and Field Notice reports.
- Lesson 1: Deploying Converged Access Devices (3850XE and 3650XE) for wired and wireless devices.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 16: Deploy a 3850 using the Converged Access Workflow.
- Lesson 2: Working with AVC, QoS, and IWAN Services.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 17: Manage AVC and QOS services.
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco TrustSec Identity Services
- Lesson 1: Monitoring Devices and Interfaces
- Hardware Challenge Lab 18: Monitor devices and interfaces.
- Lesson 2: Monitoring the Wireless Network
- Hardware Challenge Lab 19: Monitor the wireless network.
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Applications
- Lesson 4: Monitor Clients and Users
- Hardware Challenge Lab 20: Track clients, users, and applications.
- Lesson 5: Generating Reports
- Hardware Challenge Lab 21: Generate reports
- Lesson 1: Managing the Server
- Lesson 2: Using Cisco Prime Infrastructure APIs.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 22: Use the cURL utility to retrieve data using the PI 3.0 APIs.
- Lesson 3: Using Prime Infrastructure Operations Center
Lab 2: Install and Activate Prime Infrastructure 3.0
Lab 3: Access Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Lab 4: Access Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Lab 5: Populate the Network Inventory
Lab 6: Manage the Network Inventory
Lab 7: Manage Groups
Lab 8: Manage Device Software Images
Lab 9: Manage Wireless Maps
Lab 10: Manage Network Topology Maps
Lab 11: Create a Virtual Domain and Add a User
Lab 12: Manage the Configuration Archive
Lab 13: Manage Wired Device Templates
Lab 14: Manage Wireless Device Configurations
Lab 15: Manage Compliance Features
Lab 16: Manage Converged Access Work Flow
Lab 17: Manage AVC and QoS
Lab 18: Monitor Devices and Interfaces
Lab 19: Monitor the Wireless Network
Lab 20: Track Clients. Users, and Applications
Lab 21: Generate Reports
Lab 22: Prime API Operation
Lab 23: Configure Operations Center
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt