Managing Enterprise Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.0 (NMENPI)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
An enterprise network is an enterprise's communications backbone that helps connect computers and related devices across departments and workgroup networks, facilitating insight and data accessibility. An enterprise network is also known as a corporate network. Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a unified solution that allows students to manage the network, devices, applications, and users from one place thus simplifying the management of both wired and wireless networks. It also simplifies the management of wireless and wired networks. It offers Day 0 and 1 provisioning, as well as Day N assurance from the branch to the data center. We call it One Management. This five day course is designed to establish a strong foundation in managing the full range of Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure using Prime Infrastructure v3.0.
During this course students will explore the Application Visibility and Control capabilities of Prime Infrastructure through monitoring and troubleshooting problems on the network. This course puts the student in the context of a realistic customer scenario and covers every aspect of Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle management approach. Students will create sites and maps, deploy configurations, perform device discover, as well as set alarms and troubleshoot network and application issues.
The average salary for a Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.1
- Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase
- Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Examine the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates
- Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime
- Perform device discover and configuration tasks
- Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Create monitoring templates and perform health and performance monitoring
- Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation and create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 3.0
This course is designed for IT engineers, administrators or managers that need to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Cisco infrastructures using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0. This includes systems engineers, field engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
In order to fully benefit from this course, it is strongly recommended that students have the following prior to enrollment:
- Experience in wired and wireless network management
- Experience with wired and wireless network management terminology
- CCNA-Wireless and CCNA-Route/Switch level knowledge
- Previous training in and/or experience with CiscoWorks, Network Control System (NCS), or Wireless Control System (WCS)
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Lesson 1: Defining Network Management
- Lesson 2: Introducing Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Installing Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Hardware Challenge Lab 2: Review installation steps.
- Lesson 4: Getting Started with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 3: Operate GUI, CLI, and, setup and operate CLI backups.
- Lesson 5: Configuring Initial Server Settings
- Hardware Challenge Lab 4: Initial PI server configuration.
- Lesson 1: Populating the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 5: Populate the network inventory.
- Lesson 2: Managing the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 6: Manage the network Inventory
- Lesson 3: Managing Device Groups
- Hardware Challenge Lab 7: Manage groups
- Lesson 4: Managing the Network Inventory
- Hardware Challenge Lab 8: Manage device software images.
- Lesson 1: Managing Wireless Maps
- Hardware Challenge Lab 9: Manage wireless maps and discuss device naming conventions for auto generated maps.
- Lesson 2: Managing Network Topology Maps
- Hardware Challenge Lab 10: Manage network topology maps.
- Lesson 1: Managing Virtual Domains
- Lesson 2: Managing Local User Authentication and Authorization
- Lesson 3: Managing Remote AAA Mode Settings.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 11: Create a virtual domain and add an administrator.
- Lesson 1: Managing the Configuration Archive
- Hardware Challenge Lab 12: Manage the configuration archive.
- Lesson 2: Managing Configuration Templates for Wired Devices.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 13: Manage wired device templates
- Lesson 3: Managing Configurations for Wireless Devices
- Hardware Challenge Lab 14: Manage wireless device configuration.
- Lesson 4: Using Plug and Play
- Lesson 1: Compliance Prerequisites
- Lesson 2: Compliance Policies
- Lesson 3: Compliance Audit and Fix Jobs
- Hardware Challenge Lab 15: Prepare Compliance Policies and Profiles, Run an Audit Job, Review Audit output report, and, Correct Failures with a FIX job. Generate and review PSIRT, EoX, and Field Notice reports.
- Lesson 1: Deploying Converged Access Devices (3850XE and 3650XE) for wired and wireless devices.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 16: Deploy a 3850 using the Converged Access Workflow.
- Lesson 2: Working with AVC, QoS, and IWAN Services.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 17: Manage AVC and QOS services.
- Lesson 3: Deploying Cisco TrustSec Identity Services
- Lesson 1: Monitoring Devices and Interfaces
- Hardware Challenge Lab 18: Monitor devices and interfaces.
- Lesson 2: Monitoring the Wireless Network
- Hardware Challenge Lab 19: Monitor the wireless network.
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Applications
- Lesson 4: Monitor Clients and Users
- Hardware Challenge Lab 20: Track clients, users, and applications.
- Lesson 5: Generating Reports
- Hardware Challenge Lab 21: Generate reports
- Lesson 1: Managing the Server
- Lesson 2: Using Cisco Prime Infrastructure APIs.
- Hardware Challenge Lab 22: Use the cURL utility to retrieve data using the PI 3.0 APIs.
- Lesson 3: Using Prime Infrastructure Operations Center
Lab 2: Install and Activate Prime Infrastructure 3.0
Lab 3: Access Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Lab 4: Access Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Lab 5: Populate the Network Inventory
Lab 6: Manage the Network Inventory
Lab 7: Manage Groups
Lab 8: Manage Device Software Images
Lab 9: Manage Wireless Maps
Lab 10: Manage Network Topology Maps
Lab 11: Create a Virtual Domain and Add a User
Lab 12: Manage the Configuration Archive
Lab 13: Manage Wired Device Templates
Lab 14: Manage Wireless Device Configurations
Lab 15: Manage Compliance Features
Lab 16: Manage Converged Access Work Flow
Lab 17: Manage AVC and QoS
Lab 18: Monitor Devices and Interfaces
Lab 19: Monitor the Wireless Network
Lab 20: Track Clients. Users, and Applications
Lab 21: Generate Reports
Lab 22: Prime API Operation
Lab 23: Configure Operations Center
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's