Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security Certification Boot Camp (CS-CCNP-Sec)
About this course:
QuickStart Training's CCNP Security Training Boot Camp is a Dual Certification program which is practical and relevant. The job-ready certification curriculum is aligned closely with the specific tasks expected of these highly demanded professionals. Cisco realizes that the role of the network security engineer is tasked with an increased focus on configuration responsibilities as the technical consultant and device specialist on a security team; therefore, this 14-Day Boot Camp is specific to the best practices of the network security engineers using the latest Cisco equipment, devices, and appliances.
The CCNP Security certification course is aligned with the professional role of Cisco Network Security Engineers who are responsible for Security maintenance in Switches, Routers, Network Appliances, and Devices; as well as selecting, deploying, troubleshooting and supporting Firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, VPNs, for the networking environments.
This boot camp includes exam vouchers and prepares you for the following exams:
The average salary for Cisco Certified Professional Network Engineer is $97,000 per year.
This boot camp includes the following courses:
- CS-SENSS - Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) 1.0
- CS-SIMOS - Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) 1.0
- CS-SISAS - Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS) 1.0
- CS-SITCS - Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS) 1.0
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (CS-IINS)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Observe the common network security concepts
- Secure switching and routing infrastructure.
- Deploy basic authorization, authentication and accounting services.
- Deploy firewalling services
- Deploy basic remote access and site-to-site VPN services.
- Observe the use of advanced security services, such as content security, identity management and intrusion-protection.
The target audiences of this course are learners who aim to be network associates in the domain of network security and who have knowledge that is contained in the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) course.
The CCNP Security program is a three-year certification program intended to recognize the Cisco network security engineers who have the necessary skills to test, deploy, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco network security appliances and Cisco IOS Software devices that establish the security posture of the network. Prior to attempting the CCNP Security certification or any of its associated security specialist certifications, individuals must meet the requirements for the Cisco CCNA® Security certification.
Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Observe the common network security concepts
Secure switching and routing infrastructure.
Deploy basic authorization, authentication and accounting services.
Deploy firewalling services
Deploy basic remote access and site-to-site VPN services.
Observe the use of advanced security services, such as content security, identity management and intrusion-protection.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Describe common network security concepts
- Module 2: Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Module 3: Deploy basic authentication, authorization and accounting services
- Module 4: Deploy basic firewalling services
- Module 5: Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Module 6: Describe the use of more advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- Module 7: Cisco Secure Design Principles
- Module 8: Deploying Cisco Network Infrastructure Protection Solutions
- Module 9: Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls
- Module 10: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Module 11: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||Information Security, IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||14 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses:
Prior to taking this course, you may want to look into the following prerequisite courses: