Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
What is Red Hat? Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with satellite offices worldwide.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.
The average salary for Red Hat System Administrator is $72,762 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
This course is intended for:
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Red Hat Satellite installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Incorporate software management into SDLC
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Configuration management with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
Configure hosts using Puppet.
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's