Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Technical excellence, customer satisfaction, and a focus on working software are key components of the Agile manifesto. In order to realize the full benefits of Agile development, teams must implement strong testing and technical practices. This training course demonstrates testing strategies and tactics that ensure high and sustainable quality in an Agile environment. This course qualifies for the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Testing (ICP-TST), and for 21 Scrum Alliance SEUs.
The average salary for Software Tester is $55,678 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Select efficient Agile testing practices for a project to ensure continuous feedback
- Optimize iteration and release test plans that result in superior software quality
- Create sustainable software products with test-driven development
- Foster team collaboration for the creation of effective testing assets
- Integrate value-based testing to ensure user satisfaction
This course is intended for:
- Novice and experienced software testers
- Work experience in software development and testing
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Testing in an Agile Environment
General testing theory
- Evaluating the key testing principles
- Differentiating between Agile and traditional practices
- Introducing the theory and purpose of Agile Testing
Transitioning to Agile software development processes
- Mapping Agile principles and values to testing
- Inspecting Agile testing quadrants
- Benefiting from Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Automating testing for better Agility
Confirming Customer Satisfaction
Acquiring a test basis
- Testing the charter and key features
- Focusing on customer value and user personas
- Writing useful test cases from user stories
- Developing Story Acceptance Criteria
Automating through Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Designing the anatomy of an Agile Test
- Creating a Test Idea Catalog
- Refining a Definition of Done and Ready
- Anticipating validation criteria through Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Preparing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Specifying by examples and scenarios
- Enabling Usability and Exploratory Testing
- Performing Story-Mapping for better coverage
- Managing the UAT processes
Implementing Developer and Technology Testing
Building proficiency with TDD
- Defining the unit candidates for testing
- Achieving green-light success
- Identifying good tests
- Dealing with large systems
Validating for FURPS+
- Finding non-functional testing patterns
- Simulating interfaces and conducting performance testing through automation
- Evaluating legacy systems
Test strategy and planning
- Creating a risk-based approach to release planning
- Coordinating day-to-day through a lightweight test plan
- Declaring rules on zero-bug tolerance and defect tracking
- Using metrics to measure success
Successful delivery management
- Implementing continuous integration and deployment
- Setting-up JIT test environments
- Organizing post-release testing
Team mindset and culture
- Working toward a whole team approach to quality
- Designing software with high testability attributes
- Sharing testing responsibilities between developers and testers
- Collaborating on complex and distributed teams projects
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's