Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
- Describe the uses of DataStage and the DataStage workflow
- Describe the Information Server architecture and how DataStage fits within it
- Describe the Information Server and DataStage deployment options
- Use the Information Server Web Console and the DataStage Administrator client to create DataStage users and to configure the DataStage environment
- Import and export DataStage objects to a file
- Import table definitions for sequential files and relational tables
- Design, compile, run, and monitor DataStage parallel jobs
- Design jobs that read and write to sequential files
- Describe the DataStage parallel processing architecture
- Design jobs that combine data using joins and lookups
- Design jobs that sort and aggregate data
- Implement complex business logic using the DataStage Transformer stage
- Debug DataStage jobs using the DataStage PX Debugger
- Read and write to database tables using DataStage ODBC and DB2 Connector stages
- Work with the Repository functions such as search and impact analysis
- Build job sequences that controls batches of jobs
- Understand how FastTrack and Metadata Workbench can be profitably used with DataStage
This is a basic course for project administrators and ETL developers responsible for data extractions and transformations using DataStage.
- Basic knowledge of the Windows operating system and
- Some familiarity with database access techniques
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Unit 1 - Introduction to DataStage
- Unit 2 - Deployment
- Unit 3 - DataStage Administration
- Unit 4 - Working with Metadata
- Unit 5 - Creating Parallel Jobs
- Unit 6 - Accessing Sequential Data
- Unit 7 - Partitioning and Collecting
- Unit 8 - Combining Data
- Unit 9 - Group Processing Stages
- Unit 10 - Transformer Stage
- Unit 11 - Repository Functions
- Unit 12 - Working with Relational Data
- Unit 13 - Job Control
- Unit 14 - Intersecting with Other Information Server Products
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's