Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) 1.0
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course,
students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
This course is often taught as part of the 14-Day Official CCNP Security + CCNA Security Dual-Certification Boot Camp. This course also prepares the studens for Cisco: 300-206 SENSS exam. This course is part of the following Boot Camps: CS-CCNP-Sec - 14-Day Official CCNP Security + CCNA Security Dual-Certification Boot Camp.
The average salary for $82,768 per year.
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
- Network security engineers
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Lesson 1: Cisco Secure Design Principles
- Lesson 2: Deploying Network Infrastructure Protection
- Lesson 3: Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA
- Lesson 4: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 5: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
- Lab 1: Configuring Configure Cisco Policy Protection (CPP) and Management Plane Protection (MPP)
- Lab 2: Configure Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Lab 3: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
- Lab 4: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
- Lab 5: Configure NAT on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewall
- Lab 6: Configure NAT on Cisco IOS Software
- Lab 7: Configure Cisco ASA Access Policy
- Lab 8: Configure Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policy
- Lab 9: Configure Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filter
- Lab 10: Configure Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
- Lab 11: Configure Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall (ZBFW)
- Lab 12: Configure Cisco IOS Software ZBFW Application Inspection Policy Lab Activity Solutions
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's