Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (CS-SWITCH)
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
Internet Protocol switching, far more usually referred to as IP Switching, is a routing procedure which routes data packets quicker than traditional routing by expending Layer 3 Switches. In this advanced course related to Cisco switching planning, organizing, and validating the implementation of composite enterprise switching resolutions. Students will gain the information to organize and improve a switched infrastructure utilizing VLANs, STP, RSTP, MSTP, and HSRP. Furthermore, students will be capable to safe this switched infrastructure. A fundamental element of this Cisco Certificate Training is the capability to learn new theories and reinforce understanding through an extensive range of integrated lab setups. These labs apply Cisco IOS Software with Layer 2 and Layer 3 features and a CLI maintained on IOS version 15 releases. This course moreover prepares the students for the 300-115 SWITCH: Executing Cisco IP Switched Networks exam.
The average income of a Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
After finishing this course, students will be capable to:
Define the categorized campus structure, elementary switch operation, use of SDM patterns, PoE, and LLDP
Incorporate VLANs, trunks, explain VTP, incorporate DHCP in IPv4 and IPv6 setting, and organize port aggregation
Incorporate and improve STP mechanism that top suits your network - PVSTP+, RPVSTP+, or MSTP
Arrange routing on a multilayer switch
Organize NTP, SNMP, IP SLA, port imaging, and validate StackWise and VSS operation
Incorporate First Hop redundancy in IPv4 and IPv6 settings
Protect campus network according to suggested practices
This course is planned for
Cisco Station Partners
It is suggested, but not obligatory, that students have the information to:
Define network ground rules
Create Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
Handle network device safety
Legalize a medium-sized LAN with numerous switches, assiting VLANs, trunking, and straddling tree
Troubleshoot IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
Organize and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
Construct devices for SNMP, Syslog, and Net Flow access
Handle Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and certificates
Recommended Prerequisite Courses:
CCNAX Boot camp Intersecting Cisco Networking Devices Accelerated (ICND1+ICND2) (CCNAX)
Joining Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 v3.x (ICND1)
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 v3.x (ICND2)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Basic Concepts and Network Design
- Analyzing Campus Network Structure
- Comparing Layer 2 and Multilayer Switches
- Using Cisco SDM Templates
- Implementing LLDP
- Implementing PoE
Lesson 2: Campus Network Architecture
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Introducing VTP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DHCP for IPv6
- Configuring Layer 2 Port Aggregation
Lesson 3: Spanning Tree Implementation
- Implementing RSTP
- Implementing STP Stability Mechanisms
- Implementing Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
Lesson 4: Configuring Inter-VLAN Routing
- Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing Using a Router
- Configuring a Switch to Route
Lesson 5: Implementing High Availability Networks
- Configuring Network Time Protocol
- Implementing SNMP Version 3
- Implementing IP SLA
- Implementing Port Mirroring for Monitoring Support
- Verifying Switch Virtualization
Lesson 6: First Hop Redundancy Implementation
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with HSRP
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with VRRP
- Configure VRRP With Load Balancing
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with GLBP
- Configuring First Hop Redundancy for IPv6
Lesson 7: Campus Network Security
- Implementing Port Security
- Implementing Storm Control
- Implementing Access to External Authentication
- Mitigating Spoofing Attacks
- Securing VLAN Trunks
- Configuring Private VLANs
The following discovery labs are included in this course:
- Discovery 1: Investigating the CAM
- Discovery 2: Configuring VLANs and Trunks
- Discovery 3: VTP Operation
- Discovery 4: Exploring DHCP
- Discovery 5: Obtaining IPv6 Address Dynamically
- Discovery 6: EtherChannel Configuration and Load Balancing
- Discovery 7: Discovering and Modifying STP Behavior
- Discovery 8: RootGuard
- Discovery 9: Configuring MST
- Discovery 10: Routing with an External Router
- Discovery 11: Routing on a Multilayer Switch
- Discovery 12: NTP Configuration
- Discovery 13: IP SLA Echo Configuration
- Discovery 14: Configuring and Tuning HSRP
- Discovery 15: Configure VRRP and Spot the Differences from HSRP
- Discovery 16: Configure GLBP
- Discovery 17: Port Security
The following challenge labs are included in this course:
- Challenge 1: Network Discovery
- Challenge 2: Configure DHCP
- Challenge 3: Configure DHCPv6
- Challenge 4: Configure EtherChannel
- Challenge 5: Implementing Rapid Spanning-Tree
- Challenge 6: Improving STP Configuration
- Challenge 7: Configure MST
- Challenge 8: Configure Routing Between VLANs Using a Router
- Challenge 9: Configure Routing on a Multilayer Switch
- Challenge 10: Configure NTP
- Challenge 11: Configure Network Monitoring Using IP SLA
- Challenge 12: Configure HSRP With Load Balancing
- Challenge 13: Configure VRRP With Load Balancing
- Challenge 14: Implement GLBP
- Challenge 15: Configure HSRP for IPv6
- Challenge 16: Controlling Network Access Using Port Security
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt