Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (CS-SWITCH)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
This advanced course comprises Cisco switching configuring, planning and verification of various complex enterprise-based switching solution implementation. Students will learn how to optimize and configure a switched infrastructure utilizing STP, RSTP, VLANs, HRSP, and MSTP. Additionally, it will enable students to secure the switched infrastructure. One core element of the course is training on new concepts and reinforcing understanding through a vast array of integrated lab scenarios. These labs will use Cisco IOS Software with both Layer 2 and 3 features, as well as a CLI which is supported on IOS version 15. This course also prepares the students for the 300-115 SWITCH: Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks exam.
The average salary for a Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
Upon completion, this course will enable students to:
- Elaborate on the hierarchal campus infrastructure, usage of SDM templates, LLDP and PoE, as well as basic switch operations.
- Implement trunks, configure port aggregation, explain VTP, Implement VLANs, and implement DHCP in an IPv4 and IPv6 environment.
- Optimize and implement STP mechanisms which best suit the network (PVSTP+, MSTP or RPVSTP+).
- Configure routing on multi-layer switches.
- Configure SNMP, SLA, IP, NTP, as well as port mirroring, and verify VSS and StackWise operations.
- Implement First Hop redundancy in both IPv4 and IPv6 environments.
- Secure the campus networks as per the recommended practices.
This course is intended for
- System Engineers
- Network Consultants
- System Integrators
- Cisco Channel Partners
The following knowledge is recommended, but not required:
- Establish WAN and internet connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Describe network basics
- Manage the security of network devices
- Operate medium-sized Local Area Networks with supporting VLANs, multiple switches, trunking, as well as spanning tree.
- Troubleshoot and configure OSPF and EIGRP (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Troubleshoot IP connectivity for both IPv4 and IPv6 environments.
- Manage Cisco IOS images, Cisco device configurations, and licenses.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Basic Concepts and Network Design
- Analyzing Campus Network Structure
- Comparing Layer 2 and Multilayer Switches
- Using Cisco SDM Templates
- Implementing LLDP
- Implementing PoE
Lesson 2: Campus Network Architecture
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Introducing VTP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DHCP for IPv6
- Configuring Layer 2 Port Aggregation
Lesson 3: Spanning Tree Implementation
- Implementing RSTP
- Implementing STP Stability Mechanisms
- Implementing Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
Lesson 4: Configuring Inter-VLAN Routing
- Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing Using a Router
- Configuring a Switch to Route
Lesson 5: Implementing High Availability Networks
- Configuring Network Time Protocol
- Implementing SNMP Version 3
- Implementing IP SLA
- Implementing Port Mirroring for Monitoring Support
- Verifying Switch Virtualization
Lesson 6: First Hop Redundancy Implementation
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with HSRP
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with VRRP
- Configure VRRP With Load Balancing
- Configuring Layer 3 Redundancy with GLBP
- Configuring First Hop Redundancy for IPv6
Lesson 7: Campus Network Security
- Implementing Port Security
- Implementing Storm Control
- Implementing Access to External Authentication
- Mitigating Spoofing Attacks
- Securing VLAN Trunks
- Configuring Private VLANs
The following discovery labs are included in this course:
- Discovery 1: Investigating the CAM
- Discovery 2: Configuring VLANs and Trunks
- Discovery 3: VTP Operation
- Discovery 4: Exploring DHCP
- Discovery 5: Obtaining IPv6 Address Dynamically
- Discovery 6: EtherChannel Configuration and Load Balancing
- Discovery 7: Discovering and Modifying STP Behavior
- Discovery 8: RootGuard
- Discovery 9: Configuring MST
- Discovery 10: Routing with an External Router
- Discovery 11: Routing on a Multilayer Switch
- Discovery 12: NTP Configuration
- Discovery 13: IP SLA Echo Configuration
- Discovery 14: Configuring and Tuning HSRP
- Discovery 15: Configure VRRP and Spot the Differences from HSRP
- Discovery 16: Configure GLBP
- Discovery 17: Port Security
The following challenge labs are included in this course:
- Challenge 1: Network Discovery
- Challenge 2: Configure DHCP
- Challenge 3: Configure DHCPv6
- Challenge 4: Configure EtherChannel
- Challenge 5: Implementing Rapid Spanning-Tree
- Challenge 6: Improving STP Configuration
- Challenge 7: Configure MST
- Challenge 8: Configure Routing Between VLANs Using a Router
- Challenge 9: Configure Routing on a Multilayer Switch
- Challenge 10: Configure NTP
- Challenge 11: Configure Network Monitoring Using IP SLA
- Challenge 12: Configure HSRP With Load Balancing
- Challenge 13: Configure VRRP With Load Balancing
- Challenge 14: Implement GLBP
- Challenge 15: Configure HSRP for IPv6
- Challenge 16: Controlling Network Access Using Port Security
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's