Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm CST
Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183VT)
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
Helping Java SE developers write Java EE applications
Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183) exposes experienced Java Standard Edition (Java SE) developers to the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Application Platform 7.0.
In this course, you will learn about the various specifications that make up Java EE. Through hands-on labs, you will transform a simple Java SE command line application into a multi-tiered enterprise application using various Java EE specifications, including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Persistence API, Java Messaging Service, JAX-RS for REST services, Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI), and JAAS for securing the application.
- Generating multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deploying Java EE applications.
- Creating Enterprise Java Beans, including message-driven beans.
- Managing persistence.
- Creating REST services with JAX-RS.
- Implementing Contexts and Dependency Injection.
- Creating messaging applications with JMS.
- Securing Java EE applications with JAAS.
- This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required