Transitioning to Java 9 (TT2109)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Transitioning to Java 9 is a two-day, hands-on fast-track course geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of earlier versions of Java. Throughout the course students learn the best practices for taking advantage of the new Java Module system as well as other new features in this major update to the Java programming language.
The average salary of a Java Developer is $90,992 per year.
Students who attend Transitioning to Java 9 will leave this course armed with the required skills to develop maintainable code that easily scales into multi-core environments. Geared for developers currently working in Java 8 who need to migrate their skills or applications to Java 9, this course will teach students everything they need to successfully master and implement the latest features and benefits of Java 9 and become an effective Java 9 developer.
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Develop modular applications in Java
- Migrate existing Java applications to the Java 9 platform
- Utilize the tooling that is provided in Java 9 to migrate, monitor and optimize applications
- Use the new JShell tool to quickly test java constructs
- Improve implementations already using Java 8’s Stream API by utilizing the methods new in Java 9
- Understand how the implementation of the String class has been updated to decrease the memory footprint
- Use the enhancements made to the Concurrency API, working with CompletableFuture instance of Thread pools
Specific Java 9 features that are covered in the course include:
- The Java Module System (project Jigsaw)
- Updated try-with-resources
- Performance enhancements in Java 9
- Updates to Collection and Stream API
This is an intermediate level Java SE (JSE) developer course, designed for experienced Java 8 developers.
Attendees should have an working knowledge in developing basic Java 8 applications.
|Technology||Microsoft, Programming Language|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|