Cloud And Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager - MOC On Demand (MS-10964)
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
2 DaysSATV Value
About Individual Course:
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
- How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
- How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
- How to configure monitoring of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
- How to configure end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
- How to configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualization of key performance and availability metrics.
- How to customize the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
- How to integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
- How to troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
- How to use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: Integration with System Center Advisor, Integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and Managing Windows Azure.
The average salary for Data Center Administrator salary is $59,279 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
- Defining hardware and software requirements.
- Describing security considerations.
- Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilizing Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Customize the Operations Console with User Roles.
- Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
- Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure the following:
- Audit Collection Services.
- Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
- Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
- Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
This course is intended for:
- Cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- One or more years’ experience in the design and implementation of System Center Operations 2007 R2 or System Center 2012 Operations Manager is desired.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Microsoft On Demand Course
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|SATV Value||2 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Self-Paced Learning
- 12 Hours