CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) (CompTiaSec_SY0-501)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Master Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
|Individual Course |
Now Only $1,995.00 Regular Price $3,695.00/ Seat
About this course:
CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
The average salary for an IT Professional is $97,895 per year.
In this course, you will implement information security across a variety of different contexts.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
To ensure your success in this course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
Suggested Prerequisite course:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Lesson A: Identify Information Security Concepts
- Lesson B: Identify Basic Security Controls
- Lesson C: Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Lesson D: Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Analyzing Risk
- Lesson A: Analyze Organizational Risk
- Lesson B: Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
Module 3: Identifying Security Threats
- Lesson A: Identify Types of Attackers
- Lesson B: Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Lesson C: Identify Malware
- Lesson D: Identify Software-Based Threats
- Lesson E: Identify Network-Based Threats
- Lesson F: Identify Wireless Threats
- Lesson G: Identify Physical Threats
Module 4: Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson A: Identify Vulnerabilities
- Lesson B: Assess Vulnerabilities
- Lesson C: Implement Penetration Testing
Module 5: Implementing Host and Software Security
- Lesson A: Implement Host Security
- Lesson B: Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Lesson C: Implement Mobile Device Security
- Lesson D: Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Lesson A: Configure Network Security Technologies
- Lesson B: Secure Network Design Elements
- Lesson C: Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Lesson D: Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 7: Managing Identity and Access
- Lesson A: Implement Identity and Access Management
- Lesson B: Configure Directory Services
- Lesson C: Configure Access Services
- Lesson D: Manage Accounts
Module 8: Implementing Cryptography
- Lesson A: Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson B: Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Lesson C: Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Lesson D: Enroll Certificates
- Lesson E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Lesson F: Revoke Certificates
Module 9: Implementing Operational Security
- Lesson A: Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Lesson B: Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Lesson C: Implement Security Strategies
- Lesson D: Manage Data Security Processes
- Lesson E: Implement Physical Controls
Module 10: Addressing Security Incidents
- Lesson A: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Lesson B: Respond to Security Incidents
- Lesson C: Investigate Security Incidents
Module 11: Ensuring Business Continuity
- Lesson A: Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Lesson B: Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501)
Appendix B: Linux Essentials
Appendix C: Log File Essentials
Appendix D: Programming Essentials
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's