CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) (CompTiaSec_SY0-501)
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About the course:
The CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) is one of the most important courses which you will be required to complete if your job responsibilities are inclusive of securing devices, network services, and incoming as well as outgoing traffic in your respective organization. It can also be undertaken if you are planning to take the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. This course will enhance your knowledge about networks, security fundamentals, and organizational security and will also provide professional experience with the same. Throughout the course, you will learn new skills which will enable you to deploy basic security services on all kinds of computer networks.
Taking this course will be advantageous for you in two different ways. It will help you in preparing for and attempting the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (Exam SY0-501). However, if you wish to have a successful career in the field of cyber security, then the course will also help you in developing and further enhancing your skill set to demonstrate the capabilities needed to excel in computer security. The information obtained vi this course will allow you to confidently tackle all tasks given to you in a security related role.
A CompTIA Certified Information Security Analyst can earn up to $69,872/- per annum, on average.
With the help of this course, you will be able to deploy information security across varying contexts. Once the course is complete, it will allow you to:
Identify the essential components of information security
Identify numerous threats which affect information security
Deploy security for networks
Deploy Security for hosts and software
Detect vulnerability by conducting security assessments
Manage identity and access
Address security incidents
Deploy operational level security
Deploy cryptographic solutions within the organization
In the event of an unforeseen incident, ensure smooth running of business operations.
This course is intended to be undertaken by those IT Professionals, having administrative and networking skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks. Additionally, those professionals who are familiar with operating systems like Unix, macOS®, Linux, and wish to further progress in their IT career by obtaining in-depth knowledge of security topics. It can also be undertaken by those opting to take the CompTIA Security+ certification examination or wish to use this as a means to attempt advanced level certifications related to security.
In order to be successful in this course, all students should have basic knowledge of Windows and know how to use it, along with an understanding of networking and computer concepts.
Suggested Pre-requisite course
It is recommended to have cleared the following course prior to opting for this one.
CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902) (Comptia-A)
CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) (ComptiaNet)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Lesson A: Identify Information Security Concepts
- Lesson B: Identify Basic Security Controls
- Lesson C: Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Lesson D: Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Analyzing Risk
- Lesson A: Analyze Organizational Risk
- Lesson B: Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
Module 3: Identifying Security Threats
- Lesson A: Identify Types of Attackers
- Lesson B: Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Lesson C: Identify Malware
- Lesson D: Identify Software-Based Threats
- Lesson E: Identify Network-Based Threats
- Lesson F: Identify Wireless Threats
- Lesson G: Identify Physical Threats
Module 4: Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson A: Identify Vulnerabilities
- Lesson B: Assess Vulnerabilities
- Lesson C: Implement Penetration Testing
Module 5: Implementing Host and Software Security
- Lesson A: Implement Host Security
- Lesson B: Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Lesson C: Implement Mobile Device Security
- Lesson D: Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Lesson A: Configure Network Security Technologies
- Lesson B: Secure Network Design Elements
- Lesson C: Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Lesson D: Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 7: Managing Identity and Access
- Lesson A: Implement Identity and Access Management
- Lesson B: Configure Directory Services
- Lesson C: Configure Access Services
- Lesson D: Manage Accounts
Module 8: Implementing Cryptography
- Lesson A: Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson B: Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Lesson C: Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Lesson D: Enroll Certificates
- Lesson E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Lesson F: Revoke Certificates
Module 9: Implementing Operational Security
- Lesson A: Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Lesson B: Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Lesson C: Implement Security Strategies
- Lesson D: Manage Data Security Processes
- Lesson E: Implement Physical Controls
Module 10: Addressing Security Incidents
- Lesson A: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Lesson B: Respond to Security Incidents
- Lesson C: Investigate Security Incidents
Module 11: Ensuring Business Continuity
- Lesson A: Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Lesson B: Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501)
Appendix B: Linux Essentials
Appendix C: Log File Essentials
Appendix D: Programming Essentials
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.