About this course:
This hands-on workshop is intended to support participants understand better how to construct a Proof-of-Concept (POC) and perform a client site analysis to compare the cost, efficiency, and effort needed to migrate from Oracle to SQL Server. We will analyze the programs and reports that need to be upgraded and create a migration plan. Furthermore, participants will support the client benefit from new SQL Server functionality to enhance resilience and also discuss methods to migrate from an older version of SQL Server to the latest version and consider the effect of migrating from on-site to the cloud.
· Using advanced SQL Server tools like JSON data storage, ColumnStore clustered indexing, Transparent Data Encryption, and table compression
· Examine and enhance database performance
· Use SQL Server Migration Assistant to migrate from Oracle to SQL Server
· Find the necessary steps for upgrading current apps to use the new Data Framework
· Use Data Migration Assistant to migrate between various SQL Server editions
This online training program is designed for IT professionals and Cloud Architects who have solutions design and infrastructure architecture experience in cloud technology and want to know more about Azure and its services as defined in the ' At Course Completion ' and ' About this Course ' areas. Anyone taking this training should also be trained in other cloud technologies other than MS, fulfill the preconditions of the program, and want to cross-train on Azure.