ASA Essentials v3.0 (ASAE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
ASA Essentials (ASAE) v3.0 is a 5-day Cisco ASA training course where the student will gain the essential skills required to configure, maintain, and operate Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Adaptive Security Appliances based on ASA Software v9.x. If you need to get up to speed quickly with Cisco's Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), this is the Cisco ASA course for you.
We have combined the most important content from Cisco's Authorized CCNP Security courses and added additional information on the new features in v9.x software to hone in on the most crucial aspects of the ASA. In just one week, students will cover: Cisco ASA Firewall Training Basics, Network Address Translation (NAT), Access Control Lists (ACLs), Object Groups, Stateful Inspection, Modular Policy Framework, PKI Integration, Site-to-site and Remote Access VPN (both IPsec and SSL), Active/Standby Failover, Server-based Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) using ACS 5.2.
If you need to know how to implement and manage Cisco ASA 5500-X, get the essential skills that you need for the job by signing up for our comprehensive, instructor-led course today.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Technology and features of the Cisco ASA
- Cisco ASA product family
- How ASAs protect network devices from attacks
- Bootstrap the security appliance
- Prepare the security appliance for configuration via the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM)
- Launch and navigate ASDM
- Essential security appliance configuration using ASDM and the command-line interface (CLI)
- Configure dynamic and static address translations
- Configure access policy based on ACLs
- Use object groups to simplify ACL complexity and maintenance
- Use the Modular Policy Framework to provide unique policies to specific data flows
- Handle advanced protocols with application inspection
- Troubleshoot with syslog and tcp ping
- Configure the ASA to work with Cisco Secure ACS 5.2 for RADIUS-based AAA of VPNs
- Implement site-to-site IPsec VPN
- Implement remote access IPsec and SSL VPNs using the Cisco AnyConnect 3.0 Secure Mobility Client
- Work with the 5.x Legacy Cisco IPsec VPN client and Anyconnect VPN client
- Deploy clientless SSL VPN access, including smart tunnels, plug-ins, and web-type ACLs
- Configure access control policies to implement your security policy across all classes of VPN
- Configure Active/Standby failover for both firewall and VPN high availability
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network administrators, managers, and coordinators
- Anyone who requires fundamental training on the ASA
- Security technicians, administrators, and engineers
It is recommended that prior to taking this course, you have successfully completed the following:
- IINS 2.0 - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco ASA Essentials
- Lesson 1: Evaluating Cisco ASA Technologies
- Lesson 2: Identifying Cisco ASA Families
Module 2: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Lesson 1: Preparing the Cisco ASA for Network Integration
- Lesson 2: Managing Basic Cisco ASA Network Settings
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco ASA Device Management Features
Module 3: Network Integration
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA NAT Features
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Basic Access Control Features
Module 4: Cisco ASA Policy Control
- Lesson 1: Cisco ASA Modular Policy Framework
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Connection Policy
Module 5: Cisco ASA VPN Architecture and Common Components
- Lesson 1: Implementing Profiles, Group Policies, and User Policies
- Lesson 2: Implementing PKI Services
Module 6: Cisco ASA Clientless Remote Access SSL VPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying Basic Clientless VPN Solutions
- Lesson 2: Deploying Advanced Application Access for Clientless SSL VPNs
Module 7: Cisco AnyConnect Remote Access SSL Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying a Basic Cisco AnyConnect Full-Tunnel SSL VPN Solution
Module 8: Cisco ASA Remote Access IPsec VPNs
- Lesson 1: Deploying Cisco Remote Access VPN Clients
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Cisco Remote Access IPsec VPN Solutions
Module 9: Cisco ASA Site-to-Site IPsec VPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying Basic Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Lesson 2: Deploying Advanced Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
Module 10: Cisco ASA High Availability and Virtualization
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA Active/Standby High Availability
Lab 1: Prepare the ASA for Administration
Lab 2: Fundamental ASA Configuration
Lab 3: Network Address Translation (NAT)
Lab 4: Basic Access Control
Lab 5: Basic Protocol Inspection
Lab 6: Licensing, ACS, and Public CA
Lab 7: Basic Clientless SSL VPN
Lab 8: Clientless SSL VPN - Thin Apps
Lab 9: Basic AnyConnect Full Tunnel SSL VPN
Lab 10: Remote Access IPSec VPN
Lab 11: IPSec Site-to-Site VPN
Lab 12: Active/Standby Failover
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's