Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (CS-SPROUTE) 1.2
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3.5 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
The SPROUTE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train professionals to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. The SPROUTE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure that they thoroughly understand how to implement advanced routing within their networks.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support a service provider network. This course also helps the students in the preparation for the Cisco: 642-883 SPROUTE exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
- Identify the typical routing requirements and list the routing protocols in service provider networks
- Describe steps needed to implement OSPF in the service provider network
- Describe the importance of the Integrated IS-IS routing protocol for internal routing and list the steps in implementing Integrated IS-IS into the service provider network
- Implement BGP to connect an enterprise to a service provider, and a service provider to an upstream service provider
- Describe tools used for routing protocol manipulation, route redistribution, and BGP route selection
- Network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who would like to implement IP routing in service provider environments.
- Network designers and project managers.
- Individuals preparing for CCNP Service Provider certification.
- Program managers.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in the Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) v1.0 course and the Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) v1.0 course
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Service Provider Routing
Lesson 1: Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
- Overview of Routing Protocols
- Overview of OSPF
- Overview of IS-IS
- Overview of BGP
Module 2: Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network
Lesson 1: Introducing OSPF Routing
- OSPF Characteristics
- Structure of OSPF Network
- OSPF Operation
- OSPF Link-State Database
Lesson 2: Understanding OSPF Operation
- OSPF Packets
- OSPF Neighbor States
- OSPF Network Types
- Enabling OSPF on a Link
Lesson 3: Implementing OSPF Routing
- Implement OSPF
- Advanced OSPF Setup
- Secure OSPF
Lesson 4: Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
- OSPF Summarization
- OSPF Area Types
- OSPF Stub Area
- OSPF Not-So-Stubby Area
Module 3: Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network
Lesson 1: Introducing IS-IS Routing
- IS-IS Routing
- IS-IS Addressing
- IS-IS Router Types
- IS-IS Packets
- IS-IS Network Types
Lesson 2: Implementing Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Implement OSI Area Routing
- Implement IS-IS Routing
Module 4: Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network
Lesson 1: Introducing BGP Routing
- Connecting a Service Provider with BGP
- BGP Operation
Lesson 2: Implementing Basic BGP Routing
- Implement Basic BGP
- BGP Neighbor Authentication and Neighbor Reset
- BGP Route Selection Process and Path Attributes
Module 5: Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation
Lesson 1: Introducing Routing Protocol Tools
- Routing Protocol Tools Overview
- Prefix Lists
- AS Path-Based Filtering
- Route Maps
- Routing Policy Language
Lesson 2: Implementing Route Redistribution
- Need for Redistribution
- Implement Redistribution
Lesson 3: Influencing BGP Route Selection
- BGP Weight
- BGP Local Preference
- AS Path Prepending
- BGP Multi-Exit Discriminators
- BGP Communities
- Lab 2-1: Implement OSPF Routing
- Lab 2-2: Implement OSPF Special Area Types
- Lab 3-1: Implement Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Lab 4-1: Implement Basic BGP Routing
- Lab 5-1: Implement Route Redistribution
- Lab 5-2: Influence BGP Route Selection
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3.5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's