Understanding Cisco Collaboration Foundations (CLFNDU) v1.0 - On Demand
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
This course will enable you to administer and support a single-site Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) solution with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway.
The course covers Cisco Unified Communications solutions maintenance and troubleshooting tools. It equips you about initial parameters, management of devices including phones and video endpoints, management of users, and management of media resources. In addition, you will learn the basics of SIP dial plans including connectivity to public switched telephone network (PSTN) services, and how to use class-of-service capabilities.
This course serves as entry-level training for newcomers to Cisco on-premise collaboration technologies; and provides the fundamental knowledge needed to take CCNP Collaboration certification courses.
You will have command on the following after completing this course:
- Describe the call setup and teardown process for a SIP device including codec negotiation using Session Description Protocol (SDP) and media channel setup.
- Manage Cisco Unified CM user accounts (local and via Lightweight Directory Access Protocol [LDAP]) including the role/group, service profile, UC service, and credential policy.
- Configure dial plan elements within a single site Cisco Unified CM deployment including Route Groups, Local Route Group, Route Lists, Route Patterns, Translation Patterns, Transforms, SIP Trunks, and SIP Route Patterns.
- Configure Class of Control on Cisco Unified CM to control which devices and lines have access to services.
- Define collaboration and describe the main purpose of key devices in a Cisco collaboration on-premise, hybrid, and cloud deployment model.
- Configure and modify required parameters in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, including service activation, enterprise parameters, CM groups, time settings, and device pool.
- Deploy and troubleshoot IP phones via auto registration and manual configuration within Cisco Unified CM.
- Describe tools for reporting and maintenance including Unified Reports, Cisco Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT), Disaster Recovery System (DRS), and Call Detail Records (CDRs) within Cisco Unified CM.
- Describe additional considerations for deploying video endpoints in Cisco Unified CM.
- Describe the integration of Cisco Unity® with Cisco Unified CM and the default call handler.
- Configure Cisco Unified CM for Cisco Jabber and implement common endpoint features including call park, softkeys, shared lines, and pickup groups.
- Deploy a simple SIP dial plan on a Cisco Integrated Services Router (Cisco ISR) gateway to enable access to the PSTN network.
- Manage Cisco UCM access to media resources available within Cisco UCM and Cisco ISR gateways.
- Network engineers
- Systems engineers
- Students preparing for CCNP Collaboration certification
- Network administrators
There are no specific prerequisite Cisco courses since this course is intended to be an entry-level course.; however, the following skills are required:
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS command line
- Internet web browser usability knowledge and general computer usage