Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE) 1.2 (CS-SPCORE)
About this course:
This course is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP SP certification. It introduces the concepts of Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) and describes its implementation as well as exploring the MPLS Traffic Engineering (MPLS-TE) services built on the MPLS technology.
The course enables learners to use the technology principles of basic Quality of Service, and Quality of Service with MPLS to implement advanced features and functions. The focus of the course is on technology issues of MPLS and on best practices for implementing QoS from the Service Providers perspective and how to configure some of those features and functions in an existing routed environment. This course also helps the students in the preparation for Cisco: 642-887 SPCORE exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of MPLS, and how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- Discuss the requirement for traffic engineering in modern networks that must attain optimal resource utilization
- Introduce the concept of QoS and explain the need to implement QoS
- Classify and mark network traffic to implement an administrative policy requiring QoS
- Introduce different Cisco QoS queuing mechanisms used to manage network congestion
- Introduce the concept of traffic policing and shaping, including token bucket, dual token bucket, and dual-rate policing
This course is intended for:
- Network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers
- SPNGNG1, SPNGN2, SPROUTE and SPADVROUTE Recommended
Suggested prerequisite courses:
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) 1.2 (CS-SPNGN1)
- Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) 1.2 (CS-SPNGN2)
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) 1.2
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) 1.2
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Multiprotocol Label Switching
- Module 2: MPLS Traffic Engineering
- Module 3: QoS in the Service Provider Network
- Module 4: QoS Classification and Marking
- Module 5: QoS Congestion Management and Avoidance
- Module 6: QoS Traffic Policing and Shaping
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3.5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt