Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The fast-pace and iterative delivery of Agile projects requires advanced test automation to ensure that quality software product is delivered with high test coverage. This test automation class addresses practical techniques tester-developers must employ to ensure they write high-coverage test code and qualifies for ICAgile’s Certified Professional in Agile Test Automation (ICP-ATA).
The average salary for Agile Test Engineer is $84,846 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Achieve optimal quality in Agile projects through test automation
- Code user story and feature tests with ATDD (Acceptance Test-Driven Development) and BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) to validate product value
- Tool your project to cover functional and non-functional testing
- Leverage test design patterns to achieve high coverage
- Design test code and data for long-term success
This course is intended for:
- Agile testers, test engineers, or those aspiring to these roles with a passion for software quality and a desire to learn and practice agile test automation. Test Managers with an interest in learning or improving automation skills and developers with an interest in automation beyond unit testing will also benefit from this certification.
- Work experience in programming, software development, and testing
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Test Automation Manifesto
- Mapping Test Automation needs to Agile
- Justifying the focus on high automation achievements
Dimensions of automation
- Addressing Test Pyramids from all angles for high quality
- Mapping automation effort to the Agile Test Quadrants
- Leveraging the 4D of TDD strategies
- Establishing rules of engagement through a manifesto
- Selecting high ROI tests through an automation index
Business Test Automation
Business test strategies
- Mapping test effort to APIs or UI
- Categorizing business tests in the 4 classes
- Using design patterns for long term success
- Implementing test cases with leading execution patterns
- Formalizing test cases through ATDD cards
- Specifying test with relevant examples
- Dealing with business rules through BDD
- Selecting the right CUIT patterns
- Layering UI Tests for better resilience
Technical Test Automation
- Zooming on components through design reviews
- Leveraging OO rules for effective unit test strategies
- Measuring test coverage as a success indicator
- Protecting from code changes through TDD patterns
- Using advanced mock techniques for better coverage
- Recognizing leading design patterns for easier test maintenance
- Avoiding anti-patterns to limit technical debt
Non-Functional Test Automation
NFR driven planning
- Using NFR dimensions for better planning
- Breaking down sub dimensions for sharp quality assessments
NF test tools
- Perfecting tool selection for low cost test design
- Developing multi-dimension NF Tests with pertinent tools
Continuous Testing and Delivery
Foundation of CI
- Integrating testing with the pipeline process
- Accelerating code promotion through rapid test feedback
- Configuring tests to map the anatomy of a deployment pipeline
- Invoking code analysis automation at the commit stage
- Automating testing of the deployment stage
- Leveraging virtualization for easier test management
- Creating codeline ?aware environments
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's